1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Great News 3G in Florida!!!!

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by yaras1979, Sep 12, 2011.

1. yaras1979

yaras1979 Member

Hi everybody! Great news, i have LG Optimus M (MetroPCS), i am instal 3020.pri + LTE On/Off (free in Android Market: instal EvDO) = 3G WORKING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 100% in next area: Downtown Miami - South Miami - North Miami - Fort Lauderdale before Commercial Blvd, between Commercial Blvd and Sample Road - not working.
    Today I'm trying in Boca Raton and West Palm Beach!!!

Advertisement

2. Ray305

Ray305 Well-Known Member

You should change the title to "Great News 3G in Miami!!!!".

yaras1979 likes this.
  3. yaras1979

yaras1979 Member

O sorry you right!!!

4. yaras1979

yaras1979 Member

I don't know how change post name

5. Lukaslukasm

Lukaslukasm Member

Can you please test the speeds of it to see if its capped or not and also write on the evdo zones topic

6. JD2589

JD2589 Newbie

Guys i just confirmed it myself, There is 3G in Miami, I have an HTC Evo, I currently have the 3020 prl and set my preferred network type to HDR, Its uncapped! but i cant receive calls or texts! I need the 3022 prl to be able to use it normally please someone post it!

Heres a picture of me running a speed test!:
    Click on it to enlarge ;)

2011-09-12_14-27-44.jpg

Can someone please upload a link to the 3022 prl! Please!

7. Lukaslukasm

Lukaslukasm Member

:O sucks you cant send or receive calls or textes :/

8. lns4667

lns4667 Lurker

You really just need prl 2022. But the o.p. was right mine works in West palm.

9. yaras1979

yaras1979 Member

West Palm Beach - WORKING PERFECT!!!!! (really fast). Boca Raton - Working Good, Boynton Beach - sometimes working (signal unstable), Pompano Beach - signal unstable. Coral Springs, Parkland - Not Working

10. yaras1979

yaras1979 Member

2022.prl ?????????? what's this???? i know about 3020.prl, if you have 2022.prl can you sending link, man, PLEASE!!!!!

11. yaras1979

yaras1979 Member

Location 3G working (lg optimus m) - Downtown Miami - South Miami - North Miami - Fort Lauderdale before Commercial Blvd

12. henalvfa

henalvfa Member

This is SO MUCH EXCITING NEWS!!

I Hope SW FL is next!

Cuz over here still nothing.

SO EXCITED FOR THE EAST COAST FOLKS!!!

13. henalvfa

henalvfa Member

You can keep us posted here on the advance of South FL on EVDO bud.

Thanks for all the good info!

We need speed tests also on different locations, feel free to upload us with information.

yaras1979 likes this.
  14. lns4667

lns4667 Lurker

Sorry, I miss typed the number. The new prl is 3022. I have yet to see where someone has
    uploaded the file though.

15. euklid81

euklid81 Newbie

I'm in 33134 and I'm getting 3g with 3020 PRL on my flashed fascinate but only on EVDO mode, I need the 3022 PRL too. I did some speed tests around my job where I get 4 bars, I got ~2100kbps down, 750 up. Inside my house where I get only 1-2 bars I get ~750kbps down, ~150kbs up. I know this isnt as fast as other networks, but I was so used to 1x, this is awesome!

16. kris0933138

kris0933138 Well-Known Member

just got 3G!!!! fast baby got pandora running no problems!!!!! miami fl area Little Haiti!

17. JD2589

JD2589 Newbie

What prl do you have? If its 3022 please upload it please!!

18. martyn357

martyn357 Member

Oh come on people, really? Do a little research and you'll find threads about this going back weeks, don't you look at the forum? I am in central Florida, had 3G for weeks and it sux BIG time why all the excitement?

19. euklid81

euklid81 Newbie

must be in your area only, I'm in the middle of Miami and it's fast. :)

20. mystifire2

mystifire2 Well-Known Member

I just was getting 3g palm beach gardens here

21. tms592

tms592 Member

ok I got the 3022 prl and put it on my phone just did it like 5 mins ago so i'd have to update but so far its no big deal and the 3g doesnt really work (Downtown Miami) its all spotty and stuff.

22. henalvfa

henalvfa Member

im assuming is just a matter of time 'till all the towers are live.

Patience brother... patience.

The best is yet to come :) keep us posted!

23. henalvfa

henalvfa Member

Those are extremely good speeds for any EVDO benchmark bro...

Sprint's EVO i have seen doing mo no more than 1000~ kbps. usually 700~

i love 3g :)

24. rootsman

rootsman Lurker

Did the manual update to 3022.prl but still stuck on 1X in Kendall and the Turnpike area. I'll see on my way to work if I will get 3G up by Coral Gables later on today.

25. martyn357

martyn357 Member

[​IMG] [​IMG]

Well, had it for about 6 weeks now and this is all I can get, even if I go sit under a MetroPCS tower. It is capped, cuts out during downloads then switches back to CDMA. It is unreliable, finicky and crap. I am running Sense ROM with the 3022 PRL before anyone starts. Can't send text while on EVDO or MMS have to switch back to CDMA to do that even with this new all glorious 3022...VERY disappointed. So forgive me if I don't seem too enthusiastic about it.

Tags: