1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Great phone if you're not a klutz (like me)

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by PattiCakeUS, Dec 11, 2019.

1. PattiCakeUS

PattiCakeUS Android Expert

I was planning on getting the 4 when it came out, then due to the cost & no fingerprint sensor, I read up on the 3A (thanks to a mention by Mackey69 in another thread) & decided that would be a better upgrade for me so I picked one up for just 249 at tmobile during "Magenta days" or whatever they call it.

I wasn't worried about the lack of water resistance, since I haven't dropped a phone in water in years, I didn't think this would be an issue. I forgot what a klutz I can be though, and just a few days after getting the phone & getting everything all set up, I dropped it in the tub & it was toast. $99 later (my tmobile deductible) I have a new phone, but now I'm super paranoid about water damage in the future.

I'm watching for deals again on the 4, I don't think I can be trusted with a non-water resistant phone, lol.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. ocnbrze

ocnbrze DON'T PANIC!!!!!!!!!

the 3a is not water resistant? i would have thought that all pixel phones were.......lame

PattiCakeUS likes this.
  3. Unforgiven

Unforgiven ...eschew obfuscation...

For 1/2ish the price you forgo waterproof, front facing speakers, glass back, and a few other things. To me it was a fair tradeoff.

PattiCakeUS and ocnbrze like this.
  4. Mackey69

Mackey69 Member

Sorry it didn't work out for you. Luckily I haven't dropped mine, yet...

PattiCakeUS and ocnbrze like this.
  5. PattiCakeUS

PattiCakeUS Android Expert

I didn't expect to :p It definitely cheesed me off, I was being really careful, I'd used the P2 the same way with no issues, but apparently it's just not wise for me to take chances like that. I bought a waterproof case for it (that thing is fugly but it'll work for those times I need to be extra careful) - but I'm definitely watching for P4 deals again (they just had it for 100 off at the Google store but I'll wait for a bigger sale or price drop.

It is a really nice phone for the price, though. Other than this user issue on my end :rolleyes: it's a great phone & I'm happy with it, so thanks for putting the idea in my head to look closer at it.

Mackey69 and ocnbrze like this.

Google Pixel 3A Forum

The Google Pixel 3A release date was May 2019. Features and Specs include a 6.0" inch or 5.6" inch screen, 12MP camera, 4GB RAM, Snapdragon 670 processor, and 3700mAh or 3000mAh battery.

May 2019
Release Date
Reviews