• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Great phone if you're not a klutz (like me)

PattiCakeUS

Android Expert
May 24, 2010
Minneapolis, Minnesota
I was planning on getting the 4 when it came out, then due to the cost & no fingerprint sensor, I read up on the 3A (thanks to a mention by Mackey69 in another thread) & decided that would be a better upgrade for me so I picked one up for just 249 at tmobile during "Magenta days" or whatever they call it.

I wasn't worried about the lack of water resistance, since I haven't dropped a phone in water in years, I didn't think this would be an issue. I forgot what a klutz I can be though, and just a few days after getting the phone & getting everything all set up, I dropped it in the tub & it was toast. $99 later (my tmobile deductible) I have a new phone, but now I'm super paranoid about water damage in the future.

I'm watching for deals again on the 4, I don't think I can be trusted with a non-water resistant phone, lol.

I was planning on getting the 4 when it came out, then due to the cost & no fingerprint sensor, I read up on the 3A (thanks to a mention by Mackey69 in another thread) & decided that would be a better upgrade for me so I picked one up for just 249 at tmobile during 'Magenta days' or whatever they call it.

I wasn't worried about the lack of water resistance, since I haven't dropped a phone in water in years, I didn't think this would be an issue. I forgot what a klutz I can be though, and just a few days after getting the phone & getting everything all set up, I dropped it in the tub & it was toast. $99 later (my tmobile deductible) I have a new phone, but now I'm super paranoid about water damage in the future.

I'm watching for deals again on the 4, I don't think I can be trusted with a non-water resistant phone, lol.

Sorry it didn't work out for you. Luckily I haven't dropped mine, yet...

Upvote 0
Sorry it didn't work out for you. Luckily I haven't dropped mine, yet...
I didn't expect to :p It definitely cheesed me off, I was being really careful, I'd used the P2 the same way with no issues, but apparently it's just not wise for me to take chances like that. I bought a waterproof case for it (that thing is fugly but it'll work for those times I need to be extra careful) - but I'm definitely watching for P4 deals again (they just had it for 100 off at the Google store but I'll wait for a bigger sale or price drop.

It is a really nice phone for the price, though. Other than this user issue on my end :rolleyes: it's a great phone & I'm happy with it, so thanks for putting the idea in my head to look closer at it.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones