• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

great way to markedly improve battery life!

rcyphermd

Android Expert
Oct 14, 2009
I disabled the auto backlight. I then manually adjust it depending on my needs . I spent the whole day at airports going from Pittsburgh to Denver to see the Steelers beat the Broncos tonight and I still had 25 % battery after multiple calls, dozens of texts and surfing the web for many hours. I also used handscent for sms . The autobacklight is set very bright . I am trying to find a good app to add as a widget to quickly manually adjust the brightness . I found one but it did it in too big of steps. Any ideas?

'Quick Settings' is what I use, but you're going to find you'll run into a problem.

For some reason something in the SenseUI software resets the brightness automatically, even with the auto-backlight disabled.

For example, if I change the brightness down to '0%' in Quick Settings, it works fine, screen goes really dim - as soon as I leave that app, the brightness reverts to it's previous value.

There doesn't seem to be a way currently for 3rd party apps to make the brightness change 'stick', but now that the phone has been rooted someone will figure it out.

[edit]
Also, holy crap! You flew all the way out here just to watch the Steelers get run out of town? You're a dedicated fan my friend, dedicated. ;)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones