1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

greatings

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by n.gully, Jul 19, 2011.

1. n.gully

n.gully Lurker
    None

Jul 19, 2011
    artist
    Buffalo
    Hello everybody,
    I wanted to join this forum because it has already been SO helpful to me as a non-member... I have had my prevail about a month, rooted it, deleted some sys apps, lost almost all functionality, found Odin, restored all functionality, and rooted again... this time i consulted the list of removable sys apps in another thread before doing anything... and all seems well. So, perhaps someone might learn from my mistakes... don't delete your contacts app... even if you have a new fancy one. It's surprising to me what you will loose.. like the phone dialer. And if you do, don't hard reset, you will loose the ability to download from the market... Anyways, needless to say I am not a coder, but i do have a bunch of unrelated experience from moding my psp... I was able to get that thing to do anything i wanted, simply by following online instructions. the one skill that i have that might be useful here is that i am really good with photoshop, and i had allot of fun themeing my psp, maybe i could do something similar for android users... As far as my immediate android interests, battery conservation... boot snds and animations, themes, and for some reason every time i move an app to my sd card all ikons and widgets on my home screen are doubled...?

Advertisement

2. lunatic59

lunatic59 Moderati ergo sum

Jun 12, 2010
    Male
    IT
    Pennsylvania
    Welcome to Android Forums, or at least, thanks for stepping out of the shadows. What makes this place great is users like yourself who have walked the walk and are willing to share their experiences with others.

Glad to have you on board.