1. Check out our app, Forums for Android! Download and leave feedback here!

Root Green 24k theme battery icon pics

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by finnaginagain, Apr 8, 2010.

1. finnaginagain

finnaginagain Well-Known Member

Feb 22, 2010
    ok so i have finally gotten my notif. bar just right

i used the 24k theme and changed the battery icon to green and slowly changes to yellow then red. Like this

100-green
    80-green
    60-yellow
    40-yellow
    20-red
    0-red
    charge-red

then reverse order while charging
    i manually changed the Hue and Saturation of every icon in gimp and can upload them if anyone would like them.

i liked the battery icon but not the color and i didn't know if anyone out there would like to have them!

i have uploaded the pics of them let me know what you think!

THESE ARE NOT MY ORIGINAL IMAGES I CHANGED THEM AND I AM NOT TAKING OWNERSHIP OF THEM JUST PUTTING MY SPIN ON THEM!

Attached Files:

Advertisement

2. finnaginagain

Feb 22, 2010
    i know the hue on a few of them are off by a bit but they are pretty good i think.

BTW these are tested and work perfect!

3. finnaginagain

Feb 22, 2010
    no one likes them :(

4. finnaginagain

Feb 22, 2010
    anyone got any ideas too make the theme better let me know and i will cook something up

5. ska.t73

ska.t73 Well-Known Member

Mar 11, 2010
    Phoenix, AZ
    Actually those are nice...

One question, I was trying to mod a widget last night (NemoPlayer) and couldn't get it to work right. I was pulling it to my tools folder, useing 7zip to get to the .png file I wanted to change, changing the file in photoshop, saving the new .png in 7zip and pushing the apk back to the phone. For some reason the apk won't work after I push it back to the phone. Any ideas?

6. buckeyeNUTZ

buckeyeNUTZ Member

Jan 25, 2010
    Ohio
    finnaginagain- Pretty cool idea with the battery. I would like something like this, but am just beginning the learning curve of mods and themes.

good work

7. Droidking

Droidking Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2009
    Denver, Colo
    I think they're pretty cool. I got a white inverse one just like that on my droid now.Where can I get them? Ill give them a shot.

8. finnaginagain

Feb 22, 2010
    updated them i now have them without the numbers in the middle everything else is the same

9. finnaginagain

Feb 22, 2010
    heres without numbers

Attached Files:

10. aaronmach1

aaronmach1 Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2009
    michigan, usa
  11. buckeyeNUTZ

buckeyeNUTZ Member

Jan 25, 2010
    Ohio
    What is the best way to apply these? Should I pull the framework-res.apk file, copy the battery png's, then push it back?

12. finnaginagain

Feb 22, 2010
    i just replaced them in the framework file. then replaced it in metamorph and tada worked perfect

13. buckeyeNUTZ

buckeyeNUTZ Member

Jan 25, 2010
    Ohio
    For whatever reason I can't get MM to change a thing. I have tried several themes with no luck. I made sure the themes were for 2.1, which I am running, I have busybox installed, etc. no luck. I have been looking for a fix, but have yet to find anything.

:thinking:

14. finnaginagain

Feb 22, 2010
    did you replace when MM asks you?. it will say either update or replace, replace and it should fix it

15. buckeyeNUTZ

buckeyeNUTZ Member

Jan 25, 2010
    Ohio
    Sorry, I don't understand your question. MM has never asked to replace or update. I just copy the theme.zip to the AndroidTheme folder. then from MM, pick theme, select theme.zip. MM extracts the zip file, I selected framework-res.apk and clicked apply. After reboot nothing has changed. I have also tried creating my own simple theme and MM seems to see everything correctly. I apply it, MM asks to reboot, but none of the icons have changed. I must be missing a step.

thanks for your help :)

16. finnaginagain

Feb 22, 2010
    you replaced the files i am hearing. on so go back to pick a theme not existing and pick the same 24ktheme.zip or whatever its called. mine pops up and says update or replace. i replace works fine when i updated it never worked

17. buckeyeNUTZ

buckeyeNUTZ Member

Jan 25, 2010
    Ohio
    I was finally able to figure out a way to load my updated framework-res.apk file. I'm not sure if I was using MM incorrectly or not, but it wouldn't make any changes when I tried to apply them. no matter if it was a downloaded theme or one I created. I couldn't use adb commands to push the framework-res.apk file to the system/framework/ folder either. I kept getting a "permission denied" response. Finally I just copied the framework file to my sdcard and used adb commands to copy it to the system/framework/ folder and rebooted.

This method isn't as easy as MM, but I've had zero success with MM for whatever reason.

thx for trying to help

18. finnaginagain

Feb 22, 2010
    how the tides have turned now i cannot seem to get my changes updated for some reason. im having the same problem you are