1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Green glow at very top of screen?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by WaitingForDI, Dec 20, 2011.

1. WaitingForDI

WaitingForDI Lurker

I had to exchange my phone once because of severe vertical lines going up and down the screen at low brightness. I understand all AMOLED displays suffer from this to some degree, but mine was terrible.

On my new phone, on white backgrounds, the top of my screen (when holding the phone in portrait mode) or the left of my screen (when holding the phone in landscape mode with the front camera on the left) has a faint green discoloration / glow emanating from it. This extends down about a 1/4 inch. In other words, this area is not pure white like the rest of the screen.

I can notice it the most in the Messaging app, or on an all-white screen in this app:

https://market.android.com/details?...CwiY29tLmh0Yy5jaHJpcy5ibGFja3Nwb3RkZXRlY3QiXQ..

Would anyone else be willing to download this app, set the screen to all white, and take a look to see if you have any color "glow" coming from the edges of your screen? Should I exchange this phone again?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. euphoriq

euphoriq Newbie

I'm on my third phone.
    1. Had terrible banding, worse than normal.
    2. Had EXACTLY what you're describing. In landscape mode typing the Q and the L were two completely different colors.
    3. My third device has the pale blue but only along the very edge of the bottom half right side, and little banding so i'm keeping it.

Here is a picture of mine, it's actually not as bad as it looks in the photo it's just the light coming from the phone makes it looks bigger than it is, it's really just along the edge.

http://imgur.com/t3kge

Galaxy Nexus Forum

The Galaxy Nexus release date was November 2011. Features and Specs include a 4.65" inch screen, 5MP camera, 1GB RAM, TI OMAP 4460 processor, and 1750mAh battery.

November 2011
Release Date
Reviews