• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Green Lantern Movie thread!

Ok, I'm an old guy with a young heart that read too many comic books as a kid. I am totally stoked about GL coming to the big screen and so far from what I've seen from the preview, it looks to be a good movie.

It's exciting to see so many superhero movies coming to the big screen! Imagine 70 odd years ago when Superman was created or 50 odd years ago when Green Lantern hit the pages, attempting to bring these heroes to the screen would come across as cheesy or not even possible. Now these heroes can be viewed with such realism that you almost believe superpowers are possible. I can't wait to see what's next...

Reactions: TheGoatLantern
Upvote 0
The best news is that GL is already slated to be a trilogy. All the cast memebers signed a 3 picture deal so we have that to look forward to! Also the fact that Marvel Studios is churning out the Avengers and WB is using the DC library to replace Harry Potter and comic geeks like me have some great movies to salivate over;)

I'm so excited, I have to recharge my ring -- where's my lantern!!!

----

In brightest, in blackest night,
No evil shall escape my sight.
Let those who whorship evil's might,
Beware my power ... Green Lantern's light!

Reactions: TheGoatLantern
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones