1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Green line on the left edge of screen (AMOLED Nexus S)

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by kkh786, Dec 25, 2011.

1. kkh786

kkh786 Newbie

Hi guys,

I am newbie to the Nexus S.. have had it since yesterday.. loving it.. upgraded to ICS.. :D

But.. I have noticed a thin (probably a pixel width) green line on the left side of the screen.. this line is visible on white (or lighter backgrounds).. try going to the Google homepage on auto brightness.. you may see it.. it is hard to spot but once you spot you cant miss it..

I think it may be due to the pentile nature of the screen specifically the green sub-pixel.. and possibly affects all the AMOLED Nexus S handsets..

I just wanted some reassurance from fellow AMOLED SNSerz that this is a feature and not a defect on my screen.. before I am tempted to return my new favourite toy..

PS.. apologies in advance if this has been discussed before but I did do a search before posting..

PPS.. I would request you guys to tell me if my theory is indeed correct and that you guys all have this green line on the left side of your screens..

Thanks.. :(

KKH
    Google Nexus S | Android: 4.0.3 | Baseband: I9020XXKI1 | Build: IML74K

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

Nexus S Forum

The Nexus S release date was December 2010. Features and Specs include a 4.0" inch screen, 5MP camera, 512GB RAM, Hummingbird processor, and 1500mAh battery.

December 2010
Release Date
Reviews