1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Green then red LED and repeating while on Car charger

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by cuban11182, May 27, 2010.

1. cuban11182

cuban11182 Android Enthusiast

Any idea what this might be. While using the Navigation and plugged into the phone, it will initially turn red like it is charging. It will go like this for a while, but eventually it will go from green to red and continue to do so. It still shows the lightning bolt in the battery indicating it is charging, but I am wondering what it is doing.

Thanks

2. necosino

necosino Android Expert

Mine does this with a cheap wall charger, too. basically the charger can't output enough power, so the phone will start to charge, then the phone realizes that the charge isn't right (wrong voltage/amperage) so it disconnects, then retries, etc etc etc. So the entire time, your phone is NOT charging, at all..

3. cuban11182

cuban11182 Android Enthusiast

That's what I thought. Guess I need to dump the money for a real HTC charger from VZW.

Thanks

4. jonny772

jonny772 Member

Mine did that while on navigation but no other time, it charges just fine otherwise. and this is on a generic Best Buy car charger

HTC Droid Incredible Forum

The HTC Droid Incredible release date was April 2010. Features and Specs include a 3.7" inch screen, 8MP camera, Snapdragon S1 processor, and 1300mAh battery.

April 2010
Release Date
Reviews