1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Green Tint Issues Caused By NFC apk?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Curtis1973, Feb 4, 2016.

1. Curtis1973

Curtis1973 Android Expert

tom1957 who has gotten miui almost 99% debugged...will post it tomorrow when I have upload time...and who has helped figure out green tint on most roms says he thinks the nfc apk is most likely the culprit. Did not go in to details on it but I definitely trust his hunch concerning it. Might be worth deleteing the apk to see if you notice a change. Also got another tom special...i think....called gummy cm11 to upload along with miui.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. goobert

goobert Newbie

Praise the lord. I love all the hard work you guys do. This is actually a pretty good phone with your roms.

mjhealy1978, SykkNyzz, JoshD and 2 others like this.
  3. Curtis1973

tom is the man on miui,gummy cm11 and the green tint stuff. and hes done a great job i might add. Probably wouldn't even understand the green tint problem nor have miui without him and now cm11 gummy. tom dont post much but he's valuable to us and appreciated for sure.

4. JoshD

JoshD Well-Known Member

Thanks for your continued contributions & send thanks his way as well. You might not think much of it yourself (I only say this because you always seem so modest about it when being complimented) but without you & others like you we wouldn't have as much as we do.

5. Curtis1973

Im having a lot of fun with it for sure. Learning as I go and meeting some cool people while I'm doing it. Everyone in our section is on their best game when it comes to contributing. Glad to be part of this group.

6. Fangthane

Fangthane Newbie

Just tried it on Carbon ROM - didn't affect my green tint.

dvdavid888 likes this.
  7. Curtis1973

Will have to check with tom on it. I think hes on to something.

che_edgar and dvdavid888 like this.
  8. ScarletRooter

ScarletRooter Well-Known Member

This doesn't make sense though, because the NFC apk isn't even ins the MIUI ROM that you ported and yet there's still issues with it

9. Curtis1973

I didnt port it. I just posted it and fixed a few minor issues. I think tom has been looking at how the app functions and if there could be some sort of interference or conflict when it is fully running in the system. Guess work by me,not really sure what he bases his hunch on really. I have to rebuild what tom sent me to post. Its just the system folder. Gummy Rom is fully functional. Will post it in the morning. Its pretty nice. The miui will be later tomorrow afternoon or Sunday morning.

dvdavid888, mjhealy1978 and SykkNyzz like this.
  10. whoshotjr2006

whoshotjr2006 Android Enthusiast

If you guys figure something out with nfc that is causing green tint, I'll look into it more and try to figure out what to change in source to roll a new base cm11 rom for rom ports. Just lemme know your findings.

Nfc when I got it semi working was hugely experimental, I found the source on github for one of the htc phones. I probably didn't change something that needed to be changed when building it. The pn544 nfc chip is not very well supported or documented like the pn547 is, and LG seems to have done a few hackish things with building it that I have not had success in replicating.

LG Volt Forum

The LG Volt release date was May 2014. Features and Specs include a 4.7" inch screen, 8MP camera, 1GB RAM, Snapdragon 400 processor, and 3000mAh battery.

May 2014
Release Date
Reviews