1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support greetings and problems !

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by gsdan, Feb 21, 2011.

1. gsdan

gsdan Newbie
    None

Feb 21, 2011
    I am new to the android/smartphone world , and so far am disappointed. I have a Samsung Intercept with Virgin Mobile ( maybe part of the problem ) I am now on my second phone in my first 3 weeks of service for the following problems : Screen freeze , voice dialing goes into a screech mode when accessed , and GPS speaks sometimes , sometimes not. I am already experiencing the voice dial issue on the replacement phone , and haven't tried the other things to see if they are working correctly or not. My question is this - is the problem with the carrier , or the phone ? I have seen some of the same issues w/this phone on other forums. Lastly , it is annoying/dangerous that I cannot directly dial from my bluetooth with this phone. I have heard that this is an android issue , and not a phone issue. Thanks in advance , Dan

Advertisement

2. Darkseas

Darkseas Well-Known Member
    None

Jan 10, 2011
    The only screen freezes I've seen are due to misbehaving apps. What is it that you're doing when the screen freezes? What other apps might be controlling your phone (I'm thinking of apps like Tasker here).

Haven't had any problems with voice dialing.

The carrier is Sprint. I've been following the Intercept on Sprint and Intecept on VM forums for about three months now and don't remember a rash of problems like you're describing.

Wait! Are you saying that the screeching with voice dial happens when you're using bluetooth? Try using voice dial from the phone itself with bluetooth turned off. If no screeching, then it's your bluetooth device that's the problem.

3. gsdan

gsdan Newbie
    None

Feb 21, 2011
    It apparently was the bluetooth, however , sometimes it would work just fine. I did , however , download vlingo , and that doesn't seem to work at all. What part of Alex. are you in , I spent the first 33 years of my life in Fairfax Co. Thanks again