• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Greetings fellow Androids

OK, so here I am. No Android phone yet, still using my trusty LG Voyager. So I went yesterday and sampled the Droid X. Could have done the deal for $199 with $100 mail in rebate but passed. Still thinking about the Droid Incredible or the X. I fiddled with my current phone to tether for free with my included $15 data plan. I do not push it but it is a nice feature. Oh and free email ap as well as free VZ Navigator. Been with this setup 2.5 years now. Bumping up to the $29.99 data plan would be less painful if I knew it was ver 2.2 and rootable. I could settle for 2.2 and PDANET though. I'll continue my research here and see what happens. Thanks for the input so far.

SH

Reactions: NNN
Hi! Welcome.. I'm new too..

I am looking at the X, the Incredible, and the EVO too..

I've read some really bad reviews on the X in terms of poor camera quality, slow to take pictures. Then I've heard the Incredible and EVO take better pictures and much faster - but can be blurry sometimes. So mixed.

It sounds like the Moto X has a little better sound quality then the Incredible, but I'm also hearing complaints about the X.

The X does have a good build - but not the greatest. Same with the Incredible. Both really solid and good to feel. The EVO lacked here though. Been hearing problems about it more than the X and Incredible.

In terms of UI, Evo and Incredible beat the X. They are simply faster.

The X is getting reviewed by both CNET, Engadet, Gizmodo, and users reviews as having a slow, choppy UI. Just not as zippy as the Incredible.

In terms of battery life, you can get a 1500 mah or 2150 mah for very cheap for the Incredible and Evo so that doesn't matter. With those batteries, I've seen Incredible and EVO users get amazing battery life.

That makes it a wash. I'd say go for the Incredible or the X. They don't have many differences except that the X is bigger (can be a negative or positive).

The other huge negative is Motorola has decided to lock the 'X'. Developers are flocking away as Motorola has decided that they don't want their device rooted, rommed, or flashed.

This means that the 'X' will NEVER get an early Froyo or Gingerbread update.

How the Droid X is locked down? Let me tell you what I know.

Hard to say. The X and Incredible are both awesome phones! Do I want a bigger phone or a smaller phone.

And do I want an updatable/hackable phone or not? :)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones