1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Greetings from an Aussie

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Willow., Jun 8, 2011.

1. Willow.

Willow. Lurker
    None

Jun 8, 2011
    Australia
    G'day all,
    After plenty of research I've just picked up a HTC Legend. I "trialled" the Ibrick by using an ipod touch wifi'd at home and using a cheapie mobile for calls. The ipod was handy for contacts, calendar etc etc but itunes is woeful!
    I'm a bit of a technophobe but I am finding the HTCL very easy to use. I'll still be asking plenty of questions about which apps to get, what is rooting, what are "widgets" (are they just short cuts?) and which are the best apps to get but I'll dig around the forums a bit first before I start pestering people :rolleyes:

Willow

Advertisement

2. Aggie12

Aggie12 Android Expert
    None

Jul 19, 2010
    student
    Planet Earth
    Hello Willow., and welcome to the AndroidForums! WE're glad you're here.
    Widgets are a sort of preview of an app that can be placed on a screen. It's more than an icon in that it can display updated information amongst many other things. Rooting grants superuser access to the phone. Allows you to really customize it. I'd recommend checking out the Legend forums and they can really help you achieve max performance. HTC Legend - Android Forums

Also check out the applications forums for good tips on which apps are awesome. Android Applications - Android Forums

3. Steven58

Steven58 Reformed PH

Feb 19, 2010
    Male
    Welcome to Android Forums! :)

4. lunatic59

lunatic59 Moderati ergo sum

Jun 12, 2010
    Male
    IT
    Pennsylvania
    Welcome to Android Forums!

No need to bash the iThing. We're all reasonable people except for ... better not mention any names ;) Ask away and we'll get you where you need to go.