• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Greetings from new member.

Good Evening,

I have had a Droid since Thanksgiving. My reaction will probably sound common. My previous experience has been with Windows Mobile 4 through 6 on PDAs, preferably from HTC. My Tilt finally failed and it was tempting to get a Tilt II. What swung me to the Verizon product was the free navigation and the wonderful screen resolution. What I know now just cements the impression that I made a good choice. How do the rest of you like the stunning fact that speach recognition is here and it actually works? Some of us have become gadget boors I fear, I have for sure. What makes it a tempting idea is that this phone keeps up with the speed of conversation. We were talking about the opening ceremonies for the Chinese Olympics. In no time, I had a HD video playing on the screen and handed it to the other party in the visit. For some fun, ask someone what song they have not heard in a long while and would they like to hear it again? I brought up some Sly and The Family Stone today and just startled my guest. Admit it, you would like to hear Atlantis by Donavon one more time. So, enought babeling. Another reason was that my professional career has been in supporting desk and cell phone users. I felt it was time to gain experience with another operating system. Have a great new years everbody.

Good Evening,

I have had a Droid since Thanksgiving. My reaction will probably sound common. My previous experience has been with Windows Mobile 4 through 6 on PDAs, preferably from HTC. My Tilt finally failed and it was tempting to get a Tilt II. What swung me to the Verizon product was the free navigation and the wonderful screen resolution. What I know now just cements the impression that I made a good choice. How do the rest of you like the stunning fact that speach recognition is here and it actually works? Some of us have become gadget boors I fear, I have for sure. What makes it a tempting idea is that this phone keeps up with the speed of conversation. We were talking about the opening ceremonies for the Chinese Olympics. In no time, I had a HD video playing on the screen and handed it to the other party in the visit. For some fun, ask someone what song they have not heard in a long while and would they like to hear it again? I brought up some Sly and The Family Stone today and just startled my guest. Admit it, you would like to hear Atlantis by Donavon one more time. So, enought babeling. Another reason was that my professional career has been in supporting desk and cell phone users. I felt it was time to gain experience with another operating system. Have a great new years everbody.

Welcome to the AF forums and enjoy your visits !! :cool:

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones