1. Check out our app, Forums for Android! Download and leave feedback here!

greetings from Richmond virginia

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Beergnome, Dec 27, 2009.

1. Beergnome

Beergnome Member

Dec 27, 2009
    Greetings folks!
    I'm just a brewer living in virginia. For the past two and hald years I was using a BB pearl and really enjoyed it. Well, except that dang trackball kept gumming up me! I decided at upgrade time I was going to get a touch screen phone. The iphone was righr out considering it's limitations and contract obligations. I was leaning heavily towards a storm 2. But then at the same time my bud got an android, and imanaged to finnaly short out my pearl.
    Playing with buddies droid sold me and I abandoned blackberry. So, being the..well, more technicly savvy of the two of us I've doing the reserch to push this thing ro the limit!

I primarly use linux at home, and I love the open source aspect of the droids OS.
    I found this site few days ago and has so far proven to be the most helpfull in figuring out how to push this thing.
    I haven't fone so far as to root it..yet, but I have figured out how to recode movies and got a couple here now. The phone is quickly replacinfg my wee little gen1 ipod nano! The media player is that good and I don't have to pollute any of my PC,s with bloat ware to load it!
    Really, I love this phone and OS, its the closest I've found that puts my computer in my pocket than anything.

Advertisement

2. bigdroid

bigdroid Well-Known Member

Oct 31, 2009
    Campus Safety Officer
    Earlville, NY
    Welcome to Android Forums!! :)

3. justjimjpc

justjimjpc Premium Member

Nov 3, 2008
    Washington DC, USA
    Welcome to the AF forums and enjoy your visits !! :cool:

4. Welcome to the Forums!

5. Carl C

Carl C Well-Known Member

Sep 11, 2009
    Student
    London
    Welcome to AF! [​IMG]

I hope you had a good Christmas (if you celebrate it) and have a happy new year [​IMG]