• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Greetings!

Traxxx

Lurker
Dec 5, 2010
Hi to all there! I'm a newbie and just starting to learn more of this androids. I have a Samsung Facinate from Verizon.

I noted:

- came with pre installed apps which just doesn't want to erase,
- icons on apps page which I'm trying to organize but no luck yet,
- still finding ways to learn how to save pictures or videos from net sites,
- to sum all, I still may have a loooong way to go....

can unlocking this or jailbraking help? just wondering....

I hope to learn more from you guys!

Thank you.

:)

Welcome to the Android Forums!

The bloatware apps that Verizon put on the phone are part of the phones firmware. To remove them you'll need SuperUser access to your phone (getting su is known as rooting in the Android/Linux/Unix world). You can learn about rooting, as it pertains to the Fascinate, in the following forum...

Fascinate - All Things Root - Android Forums

Be advised, however, that removing the apps might cause issues when you try to receive the next OTA update from Verizon. It's not unfeasible for the update process to check to make sure everything is there before proceeding with the update. One way to get around this is to get an app like Titanium backup and "freezing" the offending app. That way you can simply "unfreeze" it before proceeding with an OTA update.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones