• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Greetings!

picturenc

Lurker
Jan 10, 2013
Just moved from Verizon to Net10 (on a Verizon network)! I have a Samsung Precedent and it has virtually zero memory.

I've read many posts about 'rooting', but to be honest, it sounds and reads like brain surgery - just not in my wheel house. If anyone has a link to a post/thread that gives EXTREME dummies a way to:

1 - use their SD card to install apps;
2 - get rid of the irritating "low phone memory" message

I would really appreciate it!

Thanks all and have a good weekend.

Mark - picturenc

Thanks Mikestony and Digital Controller! I did see that post about "All Things Root". I guess my brain just doesn't work that way, as it doesn't seem to help me. Ask me a soccer training question, I can give you the ends and outs, but this 'rooting thing' has me completely baffled.

Now people are telling me that they tried to call me, but "it went straight to voicemail" and I don't have any messages. I also got a message that my "text messages were full" and my latest text message was deleted. I only have about 25 texts in memory.

I've read a dozen posts on rooting - in this forum and other forums - and it seems everyone is written as if the reader automatically knows the terminology and it's meaning.

Oh well. I may just buy another phone.

Thanks anyway.

Mark

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones