1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Grey v. Champagne Gold

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Susyflower, Aug 12, 2012.

1. Susyflower

Susyflower Newbie

So, Best Buy has both the Grey and the Champagne Gold color available online...I just can't decide which I like better. What does everybody else think? I do like the color purple so is the grey more a gurple?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Surelee

Surelee Newbie

It has a purple tinge under incandescent lighting. Otherwise it just looks gray to me.
    You could always flip a coin.

BlueMuscles and novox77 like this.
  3. snuggles

snuggles Android Enthusiast

I already waited long enough for them to release this tablet so there was no choice for me. I couldn't wait another month for them to release the other color. I'm still puzzled why it wasn't released at the same time as the gray?????

4. Podivin

Podivin Android Expert

I've got mine in a case, at that point color becomes irrelevant. :)

5. novox77

novox77 Leeeroy Jennnkinnns!

I prefer the purple tint over the gold one. The gold color seems a little obnoxious to me, like "look at my bling."

Anyhow, this stuff is purely subjective. But since you asked... :)

6. jerofld

jerofld Fixing stuff is not easy

The champagne gold dock is often $10-20 cheaper than the gray one. If you wish to get a dock, and a dock that matches, the champagne one is a touch cheaper overall.

7. Transfusiionz

Transfusiionz George Carlin FTW!

I was thinking about getting the gold one (Most of my electronics are black, so I figured why not mix it up a little?)
    But on Amazon, it wasnt in stock/they didnt have it yet
    So i just got the grey, and it's been pretty awesome!

8. Kookas

Kookas Well-Known Member

The grey somehow looks quite 'involved'. As in, I can't tell what colour it's supposed to be and it looks slightly different under different lighting.