• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Greyed out "Downloading" For MMS Message?

AHWagner

Android Enthusiast
May 20, 2010
Maryland
www.ahwagnerphoto.com
Sometimes, when I get a MMS (pictures mail) message it will try to download, but then remains stuck in the "Downloading" stage. I've tried doing a soft reset, as well as using WiFi or 3G to download the message. I have also updated the PRL and Profiles.

vn2u6w.jpg

Any other suggestions on how to get it so the message will actually download?

Thanks. :)

Do you have Fast Boot turned off. It is in Settings-Power. I think with Fast Boot on, it leaves alot of programs running and sounds like you need the messaging app to close to have it re-open and try the download again. Temp fix, might be to download Handcent to download the image and then delete the text. Then uninstall Handcent and go back to regular messaging app. Sounds like something is stuck somewhere.

Reactions: PattiCakeUS
Upvote 0
Hi,

I just got a new HTC Evo 4g LTE a few weeks ago, and I have noticed that when someone sends me an image via MMS, it gets stuck Downloading with a small clock icon spinning its wheels. Nothing I have done, including turning off my WiFi connection, rebooting the Messaging app, trying to download it through Handcent, and rebooting the phone, has allowed the MMS to download to my phone.

Has anyone else had this problem? It is quite annoying and I'd like to know if there's a basic configuration issue on my phone or something bigger.

Let me know if there's any additional information I need to post to help explain the problem.

Upvote 0
Thanks for the reply. Ive tried turning Auto-Retrieve off but the download button doesn't appear. Its still stuck on downloading. Ill create a new thread. Thanks

I've only received one or two MMS messages - pictures of niece and nephews - so it is hard to remember exactly.
I can't remember, if you tap or long press the message 'bubble' does it give any option?

I try to always have auto-retrieve off but one message was after a reset, and I forgot to fix the setting and it caught me by surprise.
I had success turning off auto-retrieve then deleting the message stuck in the loop. Then turning on the mobile network with background data on, and having the message resent to me (hopefully this is possible, I know it isn't always). It arrives and the download button will appear. The network is already on, hitting the download button loads the photo right away.

Reactions: Granite1
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones