1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

GroceryIQ?: For those of you use it

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by Ncage1974, Jul 5, 2011.

1. Ncage1974

Ncage1974 Member
    None

Mar 22, 2010
    Hey guys just started using GroceryIQ. I don't know what the heck i'm doing wrong but i use both grocery iq on my Android Phone (HTC Incredible) and my pc (logging in under the same account). The items i create on my phone aren't viewable on the website and the items i create on the website aren't viewable on my phone. Does anyone know whats going on?

Advertisement

2. woodsb123

woodsb123 Well-Known Member
    None

Jan 26, 2010
    I'm wondering the same thing. I was trying to use the app on mine and my wife's phone since she got her first smartphone and everything works except for the syncing feature between phones. Ill probably try to reach out to the developer to see if there are plans to fix this. Other than that, its a greatapp.

3. Bipin.Ci

Bipin.Ci Lurker
    None

Jul 5, 2011
    Hi,
    Thanks for using Grocery iQ.
    There have been some server side changes which are affecting how list sync works for android Grocery iQ. We are working on fixing this issue asap.
    sorry for the inconvenience.
    regards
    Grocery iQ Support

jbletheby likes this.
  4. jbletheby

jbletheby Lurker
    None

Sep 20, 2010
    thanks for the heads up bipin.ci if you could let us know when it is syncing with android again. please let us know, i really like this app

5. Bipin.Ci

Bipin.Ci Lurker
    None

Jul 5, 2011
    Hi
    The server side issue has been resolved and List Sync is working for Grocery iQ.
    thanks for your patience.
    regards
    Grocery iQ Support

A quick tip you can change the list sync to happen more often by going to Menu > Settings > List Sharing Polling and selecting 30 secs.

jim8193 likes this.
  6. woodsb123

woodsb123 Well-Known Member
    None

Jan 26, 2010
    Ok, now that list syncing is working, how exactly does it work. In other words, how can I share/view my grocery list info on two different phones as well as your website?

7. Kraichle

Kraichle Lurker
    None

Jul 17, 2011
    @bipin.ci
    OK, nice to know you think you have fixed, but sure doesn't seem like it on my end. Anything I have to do special to get it to work again. Like uninstall the app and install the new app that only works with upgraded server or something like that. Still works as broke as ever for me.

How long should it take before the other person gets sync'd. Minutes, days, weeks?

Seemed pretty simple the first time we did it but don't remember since we've been using it for some time until it got broke a few weeks ago.

Oh, and nobody responds to questions sent submitted on the IQ Grocery site in case you were wondering.

Thanks,

Kurt

8. jim8193

jim8193 Member
    None

Jul 16, 2011

Grocery IQ is a cool & very useful app IMO ... :cool:

... the sync feature works great - I have the Atrix & the PC sync'd & updating list - now on to the wife's Laptop ...
    ... no more folded up paper grocery lists & pens - list can be updated in "real time" if something was left off of it ... :D

9. Kraichle

Kraichle Lurker
    None

Jul 17, 2011

I have the HTC MyTouch and it also syncs great with the IQGrocery website, but still doesn't seem to work between two MyTouches.

Anyone have any ideas. I used it for months until it broke. Now still seems broke to me.

10. Holydoc

Holydoc Well-Known Member
    None

Jun 14, 2010
    Male
    Panhandle, Florida
    I love the user interface for GroceryIQ and use to use it religiously. However the syncing problem between my phone and my wife's has caused us to go back to our original grocery list, OurGroceries. Though the interface isn't as nice, the syncing is instantaneous.

11. Kraichle

Kraichle Lurker
    None

Jul 17, 2011
    Not sure which part fixed my problem, but bottom line is sharing using the invite method build into the phones app doesn't seem to work no matter how I tried getting it to work.

What I ended up doing is first clearing/resetting all list sharing off each phone. Then unistalled, and redownloaded and reinstalled both phones apps.

Since my wife already had the first Grocery IQ user account name, we simply just logged in with her account name and password on both phones.

Sharing seems to work fine that way, and also you can go online and modify the list more quickly and it then syncs up the phones too.

Too bad no one from Grocery IQ could explain it that way cause it would have save a lot swear words directed at them when our list sharing stopped working and we couldn't get it working again.

I got the clue when looking at their website description of how sharing works.

It kind of tells you to use one list, but doesn't really tell you not to use the worthless invite feature in the app.

I wouldn't be so irritated if I didn't like the app so much, but it is cool.

12. Holydoc

Holydoc Well-Known Member
    None

Jun 14, 2010
    Male
    Panhandle, Florida
    The recent update fixed the syncing problem and made us switch back to GroceryIQ. The latest update allows you to press a single button to sync. Manual syncing fixes the problem of having to wait for the servers to sync the phones.

Very happy now with this app.