• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Groove IP & Juice Defender (Optimus V)

Mean Dean

Jun 25, 2011
Hey there! Total Android n00b.... just got an Optimus V, and I've already started filling it up with apps... perhaps not the best idea, since I don't know what I'm doing, but I did it anyway. Two questions.

1. I'm using Groove IP to handle my phone calls. I also have Juice Defender Ultimate. Given that I naturally could get a phone call at any time, how can I ensure that Juice Defender doesn't disconnect Groove IP, even if I haven't used it recently?

(From looking at the descriptions of the Juice Defender features, I thought that configuring Groove IP as "enable - screen off" would be sufficient, but it seems like it's a little more complicated than that.)

2. This seems like a bit of a long shot, but it doesn't hurt to ask. I also have an iPod touch (4th generation, no 3G). Would it be better to run the Optimus as a hotspot, and use Talkatone instead? (And if I did, again, how would I ensure that Juice Defender didn't shut down the hotspot?)

Thanks a million for any help!

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones