• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Grooveshark App Coming!!!

ejlax

Nov 25, 2009
Just received and email from the developer at Grooveshark who mentioned to me the Grooveshark with either be releasing within the next 24 hours, its beta app or the full app (he didn't specify).

Keep your ear to the ground....I will post as soon as I get word that it is up!

grooveshark is an online music streaming site, where users can upload there own music to create their own music library where they can either stream their own music or listen to any song, by any artist at any time for free...or if you are a VIP like me, you can pay $3 a month (it is well worth it and a much more customizable online radio than either Pandora or Slacker, IMO). If you love music, and listen to it at home or on the road, this app is an absolute must.

BTW i guess i should note that i am not affiliated at all with Grooveshark, but rather an addicted user...

Check it out:

Grooveshark - Listen to Free Music Online - Internet Radio - Free MP3 Streaming

Upvote 0
Been using it for the last hour or so and so far it has been pretty spotty. I know this is BETA, but i have had 4 force closures attempting to get to the now playing tab. The stream seems slow right now, but that could be my network. I can't find access to my library yet...but i am assuming that i can just create a playlist from my library to correct...i digress.

Point is, i LOVE grooveshark but this app for me needs some definite work before i would call it a release...which is why it is beta. What i do konw about grooveshark is that they always have released a quality product and their support is responsive and stellar. I am certain that given some excellent constructive feedback, Grooveshark devs can create a online radio/personal radio killer app.

Keep up the good work grooveshark.

EDIT: I have noticed that the more i am using the grooveshark app today the better it is getting. It started out very rough, but it has been strong for about 10 songs now.

Upvote 0
Check it out on your computer right now. You can only use this app right now if you have a VIP account...$3 a mo. Anyway, think of it as a place where you can listen to any song you want to at anytime. Where Pandora is a streaming radio that gives preference to likes and dislikes, this is completely customizable, and you can 'cache' songs so you can listen to them offline. I have been usign the adobe AIR version for about 6 months of it and am completely in love with it.

You can share playlists and songs with friends...it is pretty much the ultimate online music app

If they can get the Android App anywhere near the quality of their Adobe Air App, it will take over the online music community.

Upvote 0
dizzler is the same as grooveshark. aka groovefish. I had groovfish on my samsung omnia prior to switching over to droid. Couldn't find it, bummed. but tried dizzler and it's the same. just a different name. as of now, no playlist. also would be nice to auto-play list of searched items.
dizzler is an app in the marketplace.

Upvote 0
dizzler is the same as grooveshark. aka groovefish. I had groovfish on my samsung omnia prior to switching over to droid. Couldn't find it, bummed. but tried dizzler and it's the same. just a different name. as of now, no playlist. also would be nice to auto-play list of searched items.
dizzler is an app in the marketplace.

What am I missing on Dizzler that makes it the same? With Grooveshark, can't you upload your music from your computer and play it through the app on your phone? I didn't think you could do this with Dizzler, it's just an mp3 search engine.

Upvote 0
I've only messed with the phone version so accept my apologies. Someone hacked a version and called it groovefish for windows mobile. Dizzler works just like the mobile version of grooveshark. But the feature you speak of would be really cool. Dizzler does not do that. Nor did groovefish. You are almost talking about an app like Orb, which also is not an android app, but on WM that I used. Was really cool. Even streamed video from my home computer right to the phone. I'm still looking for something like that.

Upvote 0
I've only messed with the phone version so accept my apologies. Someone hacked a version and called it groovefish for windows mobile. Dizzler works just like the mobile version of grooveshark. But the feature you speak of would be really cool. Dizzler does not do that. Nor did groovefish. You are almost talking about an app like Orb, which also is not an android app, but on WM that I used. Was really cool. Even streamed video from my home computer right to the phone. I'm still looking for something like that.

I'm not sure if that's exactly how it works. Sorry if I came off like I was trying to argue, I thought I was just missing something with Dizzler. Last night, I signed up for Grooveshark there was an option to upload music, which I did. I'm going to try the app now and see if I can access any of it, or if it just makes a station from my music or something.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones