1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Groundwork advice with Android please

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Dhrijourney, May 30, 2011.

1. Dhrijourney

Dhrijourney Lurker

I'm normally savvy with tech stuff especially MS Win etc. But Linux has always had me beat........and I bought a touchpad 10.2" with Android 2.2 and regretting it. The browser is absolute junk so I've downloaded Dolphin Browser so that it doesn't hang the screen. Also got memory booster so that I can control clearing the cache and would love something to acutally minimise applications with an icon in the task bar at the top of the screen so that I can just go "minimise" and open up another one sitting in mini mode.

And how do I get rid of the little ads that pop up on my screen at all odd times....really small..couple of centimeters long with all sorts of invitations (got one for call girls but didn't go there :) ).

And a decent downloadable navigation GPS (free at the start to try out the GPS function

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. El Presidente

El Presidente Beware The Milky Pirate!
    VIP Member

He Dhrijourney, welcome to the forums. :)

Those little ads are what help keep a lot of apps free, if you're looking to get rid of them, see if the app has a paid for alternative. Failing that, if you're not connected to the internet, they shouldn't appear.

CoPilot is a decent piece of navigation software, but it's not free unfortunately and I'm not sure there are any decent, free navigation apps. Do you have Google Maps installed? It is free, I've never used but I hear the navigation is quite rudimentary.

If you hold down the Home key, that should give you a list of all your recently opened apps.

What is the exact device you own?