• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Group contacts

nateo200

Android Enthusiast
Nov 27, 2009
Alright so I REALLY need to create a group contact folder. You see I have to manage about 10 guys and its convenient that they all have cellphones whats NOT convenient is I can't find a way to put them into a group and text them with one group message! I need to make sure these guys show up to where they are needed and texting all 10 of them separately is a pain in the rear end. So far the other threads don't seam of any use....

i downloaded contacts groupU and created a group using 45 of my contacts. After composing the message, it would not send. Is my group too large or do you know what would cause this?

Check out an app called Contacts GroupU. It should be free, and it allows you to email or text any of your groups, as a group. I do just what you're looking for all the time with it.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Upvote 0
Check out an app called Contacts GroupU. It should be free, and it allows you to email or text any of your groups, as a group. I do just what you're looking for all the time with it.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

please is it not possible to create a group from just my telephone contacts using contacts groups, must all group be created using gmail account? I have all my contacts on my phone just phone numbers only. Please help. Thanks

Upvote 0
please is it not possible to create a group from just my telephone contacts using contacts groups, must all group be created using gmail account? I have all my contacts on my phone just phone numbers only. Please help. Thanks

I use Go Contacts, and it allows me to assign google contacts to google groups.

Upvote 0
Hello, yes and I am back again...I am now a regular user of Contact Group u and this is my new problem...I am using Contact Groupu and I do not have problem sending texts to multiple contact at once however , everyone on the list can see the phone numbers when I sent out texts to a group, please is there a way to prevent this from happening or where on the setting can I make the changes?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones