1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Group Message Problems

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Mark50789, Dec 12, 2013.

1. Mark50789

Mark50789 Lurker

I have tried everything I have read on getting group messages. I have totally changed passwords and emails on my old Iphone. I deactivated it and put it on another line of mine. I've tried resetting my Apple ID and passwords. Turning I message off on it. I deleted my contact and re installed it on my bosses I phone.

He will not turn I message off. His whole family are Apple all the way.

The real issue is there are three co workers all that have Iphones, I can get group texts from two of them just not my boss. The other two Iphones have the same settings (That I can get group from.) I can get group messages also from my kids who all have Iphones.. I'm at my wits end and may have to sell my Note 3.. I love it in every aspect except its texting issue.

I also have tried the following apps,
    Sliding Text
    Verizon Messaging
    Stock Message
    Hancet SMS
    Go SMS.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Caker188

Caker188 Member

I wouldn't get rid of the best phone on the market (IMHO) because of that! It really doesn't sound like your phone's problem. Sounds like an iPhone problem.
    Is it just the receiving of group texts?

3. ScandaLeX

ScandaLeX Wasn't Me

Sorry you're having problems but based on what you've written it doesn't seem as if the problem is your phone. Basically you're getting iMessages from everyone except your boss- the issue may be his phone but if he's not willing to to turn it on/off you'll never know for sure.

4. Mark50789

Mark50789 Lurker

I have tried turning his phone on an off. I tried turning Imessage on and off on the bosses phone.

Yes just group texts is the issue. I have had delays when getting them from my kids as well. Just dont know what more I can do.. I hate to have to go back to Apple. I love the large screen and the flexibility of the Note 3.

5. dontpanicbobby

dontpanicbobby 100% That Guy
    VIP Member

Well heck Mark50789, If your job depends on it definitely go back to Apple. There will still be Note Devices out there for you to get and who knows maybe at some point Google and Apple will be all friendly again like thay once were and we won't see issues like this anymore.

6. Lgohrin

Lgohrin Lurker

Did you have an IPhone? I'm asking because both my daughter and I had problems when we switched from Iphones to Android. Turned out we had to turn our Iphones back on and turn off Imessage in them. Once we did that we had no problem with other IPhone users.

7. Mark50789

Mark50789 Lurker

I'm past my 14 days with Verizon and actually love the Note 3. I wish I could figure out what more I can do to get it and the bosses Iphone to play Nice.....

Thanks for the replies this far. Hoping someone out there has same issue and can help more..

8. Mark50789

Mark50789 Lurker

Yes I had the Iphone before. I switched it onto another one of my phone lines. I have factory reset it. I have turned it on and off.I have turned I message off on it... Still I'm not getting group text exp. from my bosses Iphone. I tried everything in his settings and no luck...

9. Digital Controller

Digital Controller The Real Bass Creator

I have had issues with group messaging the issue being I get the messages days later because I don't have data on to receive them.

Unfortunately the only workaround I found was keeping data on indefinitely.

Samsung Galaxy Note 3 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy Note 3 release date was September 2013. Features and Specs include a 5.7" inch screen, 13MP camera, 3GB RAM, Snapdragon 800 processor, and 3200mAh battery.

September 2013
Release Date
Reviews