1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Group messaging troubles...

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by jbmccrar, Jan 7, 2014.

1. jbmccrar

jbmccrar Lurker
    None

Jan 7, 2014
    Hello,
    This weekend I made the switch from my iphone4 to the S4. So far I love the phone, however, I am really hating the fact that I cant seem to get the group messages to work correctly.

I have turned on the MMS on the S4. I turned off the cloud on my iphone and shut the programs down, deleted apps, etc. Then I completely reset the phone back to factory settings. (when I turn it on now it wants to go through the initial set up stuff) I then went on Apple.id and changed my apple id and password. When I log into the cloud it shows that no devices are present.

At this point I can group text with other android users without an issue. However, I have a group thread with 2 of my collage buddies, Travis and Mitch. ( both on iphones) Both receive my text in a group thread but at this point I am only seeing Travis's response though in the thread, Mitch's responses do not show up at all. (I can text him individually. His response to the group thread does not show up in our individual convo.)

This morning I received a group text from my gf's mom, which included herself, my gf, her brother and myself. I saw her mothers text in a group message, my reply was seen by everyone with in the thread, I saw her mothers reply back in the thread but have not been able to see the other replys from my gf or her brother in the thread. Their messages did not come through personal messages either.

Individually I can text everyone with out a problem. But why am I only able to see one persons message in the thread and why do the other messages in the thread never show?

I am really confused...

BTW, I am on verizon. The my two collage buddies are on ATT.

Advertisement