1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Group MMS troubleshooting

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by jarizzle18, Feb 1, 2016.

1. jarizzle18

jarizzle18 Lurker

So I sent out a picture to 5 people. I made sure to uncheck the 'Group Conversation' box before sending. I didn't want the receivers of my picture to get the responses of everyone (because I know I personally get annoyed quickly).

At first there was no issue, all of my recipients responses came only to me. However one of my recipients, who has a LG G4, responded and somehow turned my group chat on with his response! Then another recipient joined in the the 'group conversation' and again all their messages were sent to everyone.

When I asked him how he did it, he just said that he saw my message as a group chat (numbers visible to him) and responded.

My question is...how did that happen?! Has this happened to anyone else?
    I admit, I'm lazy and don't want to have to send a message or picture to multiple people one by one just to avoid this from happening again.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. amarie82

amarie82 Android Expert

Do you know if the person using the G4 was using a 3rd party messaging app? Do you use the stock or 3rd party app?

3. jarizzle18

jarizzle18 Lurker

We both use the stock messaging app for our phones.

Samsung Galaxy S6 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy S6 release date was April 2015. Features and Specs include a 5.1" inch screen, 16MP camera, 3GB RAM, Exynos 7420 Octa processor, and 2550mAh battery.

April 2015
Release Date
Reviews