• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Group SMS/MMS Application That Correctly RECEIVES Texts

zeerow123

Lurker
Aug 9, 2012
I've searched various forums for other users that have noticed this problem, but I either seem to be the only one experiencing or just don't know exactly how to phrase the problem I'm having.

I have been using GoSMS, and for the most part the group messaging is working fine. I am able to send group messages to all my friends (who mostly have iPhones and are using the iMessage group messaging), and all of the texts stay in a group conversation just as they would with iMessage.

The issue I run into, is when I receive a text within the group text, the notification shows up initially as a text from the specific person who sent it. When I hit "Open" to read the text, this shoots me into the individual person's text message archive and the text isn't even there. I then have to back out of the individual's text thread and choose the group thread to see the newest text.

Has anyone else experienced this, and if so, are there any apps that do not have this issue? If this has been addressed before, please send me towards the thread.

Thanks!

I would love an answer to this, too!

I was using Handcent, and that seemed to work MUCH better for me than GO SMS does. For some reason, all my group text on Go SMS are showing up in individual threads?!? Do you know how to fix that? I mostly text with iphoners & a blackberry.. can't seem to find anything to work?

If you dislike Go SMS, Handcent might be worth a try. It seemed to work better for me.. unless I can get my problem with Go fixed! : )

Upvote 0
I have a 4 day old galaxy s3. Why is this not a native app with andriod. To spend $$$ on state of art phone that cant thread group messages is ******ed. I do not care about hemmroid screens and pixels and ram if the thing cant text and is not as good as my 4 yo bb curve when it comes to texting. It may end up getting returned for an iphone by the end of the week.

Upvote 0
The Internet has voted you should confirm it.
Our group texting buddies were not immediately available to confirm:pTurns out that unchecking 'Send as split conversations' does not solve the problem for me. Messages initially arrive in a thread from the person sending it and then reappear in the group thread a moment later. It's annoying and seems to add an unnecessary delay.
Pete

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones