1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Group text app

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by Mark Tyrrell, Jan 17, 2016.

1. Mark Tyrrell

Mark Tyrrell Lurker

I'm looking to find out if there is an inbuilt feature or app available to send a common group text to over 60 different people in one go on a Samsung Galaxy s6 phone? I've been using iPhone for many, many years and I use a brilliant app called group text which allows me to set up various groups and with a few clicks I can have a text gone out to well over 50 or 60 people. Is this possible on a Samsung Galaxy s6 phone? Any help or advice is greatly appreciated in advance.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Hadron

Hadron Smoke me a kipper...
    VIP Member

Welcome to the forum :)

Actually you almost certainly don't need a special app to do this. Your contacts app will allow you to create groups and assign contacts to them, and each contact can be a member of many groups. So just create all of the groups you would normally send messages to. Then if you go to compose a new message in your message app and click to add recipients you will have the option to add groups as well as individuals - pick the group you want to send to and you are sorted.

I don't know the Samsung message app, but that works for every message app I've used (I just checked Chomp, Textra and my default HTC message app). So if for some reason the Samsung one doesn't do this then pretty much any 3rd party SMS app will - but have a good look first, because I expect the Samsung app will do this just fine.

Thom likes this.
  3. Mark Tyrrell

Mark Tyrrell Lurker

Thanks for that information. My understanding is with the inbuilt message facility on Samsung phones you can only text a maximum of 10 recipient's at one time. I want to be able to send one text in ome go to 60+ so just want to make sure I can do it before I shell out big money for a new Samsung Galaxy s6 phone.

4. chanchan05

chanchan05 The Doctor

The max I've tried is around 40 people. Galaxy Note 2 using ChompSMS as my default messaging app. Worked fine, considering I had to do that every other night for two weeks. Had no problems.

Hadron likes this.