• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Group Text Messaging App with Individual Replies?

Hello!
On my Google Pixel I have the option to toggle individual replies or group replies (MMS) with group text messaging, but it's kind of a pain to get to.
Are there any apps that text groups and automatically creates individual messages (so that everyone in the group isn't receiving 1000 text messages)? I feel like doing this in app would be much easier than going into "settings", then "advanced settings", then "group messages", etc. to change it (only to have to change it back later on!)
Thank you!!

Pretty much all SMS apps give you the option of sending such messages as group MMS (everyone gets all replies) or bulk SMS (everyone gets a separate message, replies go only to the sender). Most people make a choice and leave it there, rather than toggling.

Actually in the UK SMS are effectively free but most contracts charge excessive rates for MMS, so anyone with any sense uses the SMS option, and if they want everyone to see all replies they use WhatsApp or similar instead.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones