• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Group text messaging

stephtuti

Lurker
Jan 7, 2013
Hi! I can't seem to get group messaging to work on my galaxy S3. My friend gets group messages directly on the phone's stock messaging app, but I don't. I downloaded GoSMSPro and after trying multiple settings it worked for a little bit, and all of a sudden stopped. I am missing a lot of messages from my coworkers and friends as they group text frequently. Help!

It may be like the app or program hardware issue. Try uninstalling and uploading a different SMS Messaging App (Such as Handcent SMS,etc.). Get to compose a message. Get into Messaging, hit Menu (with Horizontal bars), and tap on Compose. Now, in the upper field where you put the recipient, there is a small (+) button, tap on it, and your contact list will appear, tick as many contacts as you wish, then hit Done. Compose your SMS and hit SEND.

Sound like clarabutler75 is having issues receiving and responding to messages in a group setting.

Upvote 0
My wife insists that I participate in group texting with her and other iphone users. Here is how you do it. Download Handcent from Play market. Open and go to Menu, Settings, Application Settings. Select "Default Messaging Application" and select "All" then go "back" to last menu. Then scroll all the way down and select "Thread Group Conversation". Now back out to main settings menu. Select "Receive Message Settings" and check "Auto retrieve" and "Auto Download". Now that should get things going on Handcent. Then open up the stock messaging app and then menu, settings and turn off "Notifications". Else you will get duplicate notifications. Remove the stock messaging icon from home screen bar and replace with Handcent. I know a lot of work for something that Android should already do. I am sure it's a patent thing. BTW I am on AT&T with a GS3 running Jelly Bean 4.1.1.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones