1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Group Texting - Samsung Galaxy S3

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by BocaDroid, Aug 21, 2012.

1. BocaDroid

BocaDroid Lurker

I just purchased my Samsung Galaxy S3 a few days ago. I previously had iphones for the last 3 years. I LOVE my new phone except I can not get ANY of the third party group texting apps to work. I tried handcent and go sms pro. With both of these apps I was able to send group texts in one thread but I was not able to receive ANY of the responses. I want to be able to send and receive group texts in one thread. Can anyone help me with this? Thanks!;)

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. redhook

redhook Android Expert

3. matttye

matttye Android Expert

The phone can't possibly know if a reply should go in a group thread or not. It would have to guess.

4. gdot

gdot Newbie

There is a setting in GoSMS where you have to enable to do group MMS, not sure about Handcent.

5. sudtle

sudtle Lurker

I have been using GroupMe with good results.

6. roush611

roush611 Member

I don't mean to thread jack but I can't bring myself to start another threat about this same basic topic. When I send the same message/picture to several people it sends the message no prob, but when they reply I get nothing... why is this happening? Do I have to download a group messaging app? That sounds kind of silly

7. powdbyrice

powdbyrice Android Enthusiast

sammy's response from twitter:

@SamsungSupport on the GS3, is there a way to 'reply all' to a group text message without having to download an app?

from Samsung Support ‏@SamsungSupport
    Sorry! There is no configurable option to do that on your device. You might be able to download a 3rd party app. Thanks!

:(

but its odd, there is a group conversation option in the txt message settings. i guess sammy's definition of a group conversation is different than ours. :(

8. chawski

chawski Android Enthusiast

even using handcent or go, it doesnt really work that well. with stock messaging app notifications disabled, i still get an original text from the individual, and then the same text added to the group log. am i missing something here?

9. gdot

gdot Newbie

I haven't tried handcent, but I had the same dual notification problem with GoSMS. I'm using verizon messaging app now and it works for me, but it's ugly.

Samsung Galaxy S3 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy S3 release date was May 2012. Features and Specs include a 4.8" inch screen, 8MP camera, 1GB RAM, Exynos 4412 Quad processor, and 2100mAh battery.

May 2012
Release Date
Reviews