1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Group texting threads not grouped

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by tweeto2, Jan 7, 2014.

1. tweeto2

tweeto2 Lurker
    None

Jan 7, 2014
    I am a new transfer from the iphone and so far I'm doing ok except for this group texting thing- I downloaded att message app but now when I get texts it doesnt notify me with the big circle on home screen- not to mention many (not all) iphone users just cant even send me a text any fixes would be great- thanks:)

Advertisement

2. lcneed

lcneed Android Enthusiast
    None

Nov 12, 2012
    SoCal
    Are you using the AT&T message app or the Samsung Message app? I don't think AT&T message app can do group messaging. Samsung one on AT&T cannot either unless you have the newest 4.3 Android OS updated. I have read that 4.3 Message app now allowed group messaging. If you don't have it, you will have to download a 3rd party app that support group chat like Handcents.

As for some iPhone cannot send you txt... did you turn OFF your iMessage setting on your Apple account? You will also need to log in to you Apple account to remove your phone number from it. And on top of that.. some of your iPhone friends may have your apple ID in their contact instead of your phone number. So if they try to text you... it will try to go to your iMessage. Apple made it really really hard to switch away from an iDevice.

3. tweeto2

tweeto2 Lurker
    None

Jan 7, 2014
    Thanks-I'm using att messages- it does group but other stuff like notices dont work well- it seems like such a basic thing that I'm confused why they don't fix it- as for other issue- all imessage is turned off- some say I have to wait 72 hours so ooo- time shall tell
    Thanks again

4. tweeto2

tweeto2 Lurker
    None

Jan 7, 2014
    Just got the new 4.3- super fast but doesn't look like it's grouping texts. .. At least not the past ones- there is a button that says allow group messages but I think thar ts out going. ..

5. lcneed

lcneed Android Enthusiast
    None

Nov 12, 2012
    SoCal
    Try Handcents app. That's what I use. I also have the iOS 7 skin and plugin so my message app actually looks like my wife's iPhone 5s Message app. ;)

tweeto2 and saltz like this.