• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Group texting threads not grouped

tweeto2

Lurker
Jan 7, 2014
I am a new transfer from the iphone and so far I'm doing ok except for this group texting thing- I downloaded att message app but now when I get texts it doesnt notify me with the big circle on home screen- not to mention many (not all) iphone users just cant even send me a text any fixes would be great- thanks:)

Are you using the AT&T message app or the Samsung Message app? I don't think AT&T message app can do group messaging. Samsung one on AT&T cannot either unless you have the newest 4.3 Android OS updated. I have read that 4.3 Message app now allowed group messaging. If you don't have it, you will have to download a 3rd party app that support group chat like Handcents.

As for some iPhone cannot send you txt... did you turn OFF your iMessage setting on your Apple account? You will also need to log in to you Apple account to remove your phone number from it. And on top of that.. some of your iPhone friends may have your apple ID in their contact instead of your phone number. So if they try to text you... it will try to go to your iMessage. Apple made it really really hard to switch away from an iDevice.

Upvote 0
Thanks-I'm using att messages- it does group but other stuff like notices dont work well- it seems like such a basic thing that I'm confused why they don't fix it- as for other issue- all imessage is turned off- some say I have to wait 72 hours so ooo- time shall tell
Thanks again

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones