• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

group texting

Go to People, find the contact you want to edit, touch them for a second. When the contact comes up with the numbers and email address, touch and hold the number you want to be the primary contact number for a few seconds and you will see a larger card pop up. One of the choices that will pop up on that card will be "Set as Primary Number".

I don't have any contacts with more than one e-mail address but, the same process would probably apply to the e-mail addresses as to the phone numbers.

Upvote 0
Ok I am glad that I am not the only one having the same issue. I ended up using Handcent bec. well, it works.

I did what glen4cindy suggested and I am able to switch primary contacts but I cannot take off "primary email" It may be a default thing. I believe the bug is located with the stock messenger. Thoughts?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones