• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Group Texts with GalNex

So I just got my first smartphone, the Galaxy Nexus, this past Friday, and I love it. However, there is one thing that I was wondering about. My girlfriend had asked me how my phone handled group text messages. On her phone (an iphone 4), if someone sends out a group text, all responses to that text that are also sent to the group are merged into a conversation so that everyone in the group can see the responses. While you can see everyone's responses with the messaging service on the galnex, it doesn't merge it into a single thread. For example, my dad sent my sister, my girlfriend and me a group text, and each response to that text showed up in my inbox independently (i.e., not as part of the thread that was created for the texts I received from my dad). Is there a way that this can be changed, or do I need to get a different messaging app if I want group conversations to merge into a single thread?

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones