• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Group texts

APBTx2

Jun 20, 2010
Midwest
Coming from iPhone and I really like its group texts, but when a friend showed me his Nexus' latest update included group texts, I was ready to move back.
I bought the Nexus 4 from google and have tmobile prepaid for now, until I comfortable enough with the phone's capabilities, them I'll port my number over.

The phone doesn't group a discussion- I can send out the same text to more than one phone, but it doesn't group them so I can see a discussion between 3 or more phones.

Running 4.2.2

Thanks for your help!

I'm not too familiar with the group texting, but I did receive texts within a group started by an iPhone and I sent a number of texts within the group. One person said his phone couldn't receive those texts, and that was the first time I ever heard of the issue at all. I used the standard Messaging app for that.

Upvote 0
Group messages work fine on my Nexus 4 with my iPhone using friends. What does iPhone do better here Sean?

It's more of an Android thing then a nexus thing. Firstly and most annoyingly is the fact that with the new builds of android you have a limit of text messages you can send out within a certain amount of time...Which is one of the most annoying things about android at the moment. So in essence this may not bother someone who's sending out say a message to maybe only 2 or 3 people. But for say someone like me who has a pretty large staff this creates a problem when sending a group sms.

Now an argument can be made and people can say just send an email, etc. Why should I? I've been using group sms's for a fairly long time with my iphone and have never had an issue.

Also, with IOS it groups the whole message together in one bundle and doesn't break it apart into a few messages.

Hopefully in key lime pie this gets fixed.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones