1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Root Group your widgets

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Prime85, Nov 14, 2011.

  1. Prime85

    Prime85 Android Expert
    Thread Starter
    Rank:
    None
    Points:
    93
    Posts:
    800
    Joined:
    Feb 7, 2011

    Feb 7, 2011
    800
    201
    93

    Advertisement

    intrdrgn likes this.
  2. mike28

    mike28 Android Expert
    Rank:
    None
    Points:
    513
    Posts:
    4,065
    Joined:
    Dec 20, 2010

    Dec 20, 2010
    4,065
    1,058
    513
    Male
    Tampa
    thanks prime
     
  3. Z.U.D.

    Z.U.D. Member
    Rank:
    None
    Points:
    18
    Posts:
    34
    Joined:
    Oct 12, 2011

    This also revives the Esteem specific widgets that disappear when you use a different launcher like LauncherPro. Don't know if that was intentional or not, but is was a nice surprise!

    zud
     
  4. danyvw

    danyvw Android Enthusiast
    Rank:
    None
    Points:
    93
    Posts:
    685
    Joined:
    Dec 1, 2010

    Dec 1, 2010
    685
    208
    93
    USA
    Nice app, now is easy to pick a new widget.
     
  5. Prime85

    Prime85 Android Expert
    Thread Starter
    Rank:
    None
    Points:
    93
    Posts:
    800
    Joined:
    Feb 7, 2011

    Feb 7, 2011
    800
    201
    93
    I'm glad it helped :)
     
  6. asheehanjr

    asheehanjr Well-Known Member
    Rank:
    None
    Points:
    43
    Posts:
    212
    Joined:
    Aug 16, 2011

    Aug 16, 2011
    212
    33
    43
    Male
    PC Technician
    Westfield, MA
    Thanks Prime85! When I installed the app through the system/app directory and restarted the phone, it didn't work with the LG default launcher for some reason but I installed ADW that I purchased, and it seems to work fine! Thanks again for the cool app!;)
     
  7. Jeyd02

    Jeyd02 Android Expert
    Rank:
    None
    Points:
    163
    Posts:
    1,996
    Joined:
    Nov 26, 2011

    Nov 26, 2011
    1,996
    335
    163
    To help people, currently student
    US
    lol thanks. There are so many apps we are not aware off and really good ones..

    simple question, do you think Android Market will overtake appstore from apple.inc?
     
  8. ShinySide

    ShinySide Android Expert
    Rank:
    None
    Points:
    313
    Posts:
    5,504
    Joined:
    Jul 30, 2011

    Jul 30, 2011
    5,504
    2,680
    313
    Palm Bay, Florida
    What do you mean by "overtake"?
     
  9. Prime85

    Prime85 Android Expert
    Thread Starter
    Rank:
    None
    Points:
    93
    Posts:
    800
    Joined:
    Feb 7, 2011

    Feb 7, 2011
    800
    201
    93

    I'm guessing he means number of apps.

    Its all about supply and demand. Demand for.android apps are going up. Last fiscal quarter android had 52% of the smartphone sales. Which leaves apple sharing the other 48% with blackberry, hp, windows, and whoever else has a smartphone for sale.

    This means more demand for android apps and if it keeps up then the answer is yes
     
  10. judyq

    judyq Member
    Rank:
    None
    Points:
    16
    Posts:
    42
    Joined:
    Dec 4, 2011

    Dec 4, 2011
    42
    4
    16
    Can ya help me, i downloaded it to my sd card but don't know how to add to system/apps to work. I have the free version of Titanium backup. Sorry i am still learning. Phone is rooted.
     
  11. Prime85

    Prime85 Android Expert
    Thread Starter
    Rank:
    None
    Points:
    93
    Posts:
    800
    Joined:
    Feb 7, 2011

    Feb 7, 2011
    800
    201
    93

    You can use root explorer or astro to move it to the system/apps folder

    Or you can do an adb push
     
  12. Jeyd02

    Jeyd02 Android Expert
    Rank:
    None
    Points:
    163
    Posts:
    1,996
    Joined:
    Nov 26, 2011

    Nov 26, 2011
    1,996
    335
    163
    To help people, currently student
    US
    Yeah. What I mean by overtaking is in terms of apps and the quality android market offers. As I see now, there have been many unique development within Market that has a chance to "overtake" appstore in the future
     
Tags:

Share This Page

Loading...