1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

GRRRR New phone is a piece of crap

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by ozstriker, Feb 12, 2011.

1. ozstriker

ozstriker Lurker

Hoping someone can help me here, i recently downloaded apps2sd or something similar where it changed some settings so that all downloads automatically download to SD, but that app was a hunk of crap so i uninstalled it but now i dont want everything automatically downloading to my sd because some of my apps are crashing on bootup. does anyone know how to change it so stuff automatically downloads to phone??

And also my messaging app has just locked up, if i try to view the list mode it just sits there thinking, how can i force close it, rebooting doesnt help??

Advertisement

2. Dark Jedi

Dark Jedi Guest

Might want to do a factory reset.

3. ozstriker

ozstriker Lurker

surely not ive only had it a week

4. Sorrow_Doll

Sorrow_Doll Newbie

well, if you've only had it for a week, then there aren't many data/apps on it, so I guess when you factory reset, you won't lose much. I cant think of any other solution :/
    But why would you need such an app? In 2.2, going to 'Manage Applications' you will find the option to move apps to the sd card.

5. Dark Jedi

Dark Jedi Guest

yep it can take one app removed to have the possibility of something screwed up. plus you dont want the apps saved on the sd card. so this kills 2 birds with one stone. I have reset my droid many times to fix problems.

6. rhippler

rhippler Well-Known Member

Can you not reinstall the app that changed the setting and change it back then just uninstall it again?

7. lunatic59

lunatic59 Moderati ergo sum

If you want to return to installing apps to internal memory as the default you can follow these instructions:

How to Install Apps to Your SD Card on Android Froyo | Gadget News

Be advised that any apps currently installed on the sd card will not be moved back to internal memory. You can, however, Move them individually by going to setting>applications>manage applications (select "all" tab), scroll to the app and select move to phone. You should only need to do this for any widgets and processes that poll periodically. Most other apps can peacefully run from the sd card.

8. fraz1776

fraz1776 Newbie

For your sms problem just don't use the sock messaging app, I use Handcent SMS, it's much better!

9. 350Rocket

350Rocket Well-Known Member

Is there anything actually wrong with the stock sms app? I downloaded a couple different ones and didn't find it did anything extra i needed so i went back to the stock one which i don't have any problems with.

Also i didn't realize i could mess it up that easily by uninstalling apps. I've installed and removed more than i can count since i got the phone in september and i haven't had any problems. Guess i should be careful.

10. alostpacket

alostpacket Over Macho Grande?

There are some rare bug with the stock messaging app that cause the wrong person to get the message and/or the message to look like it went to the wrong person.

These bugs are generally very rare and have been fixed but not all Android phones have been updated with the fix.

For sure the Nexus One and Nexus S got the fix, not sure who else did.

I still use it and never experienced the bug. I like stock stuff mostly though.

EDIT: Also, I agree with those suggesting factory reset if reinstalling and fixing the settings doesnt work. Easier to do factory resets when you start early, and you can see that way if it's just some app messing things up for faulty hardware requiring an exchange.

11. ozstriker

ozstriker Lurker

sweet thanks mate i fixed it so it downloads straight to phone,

so now i have deleted all apps that were on sd and downloaded back onto phone, so far so good, and as for the messaging i force stopped it through manage applications turned the phone off pulled battery for a few minutes then turned phone back on oh and i also turned debugging back on so far so good