1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

GS3 alarm & message sounds reseting to defults!

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Terry51, Dec 30, 2012.

1. Terry51

Terry51 Member

Hi all. My GS3 has taken to resetting my alarm, text & email alert sounds to their defult settings. This can happen only once a day to a couple of times a day. I have removed the last 3 recent apps I installed just incase these were the course but it made no difference. For example, If I set an alarm or change my meassage or email alert sounds to one of my own choosing, it will set it to what i choose but later when my alams go off or I get a text or email, the sound will have reset back to the defult one. This is beginning to annoy me no end. Any ideas guys?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Mikestony

Mikestony ~30% Carbon Black ±
    VIP Member

Hmm, that is odd! What about shutting the phone off or pulling the battery for about a minute, then powering back up.?
    Just curious, do you have any 3rd party volume control app installed?
    The reason I ask, is on my last device, I had a volume control app from the PlayStore and for some reason it would always change my ringtone back to default. Heh, took me a while to figure that one out:)

3. quickaudi

quickaudi Android Expert

for the alarm, what ringtone are you using? one of the stock ones or one of your own?

4. Terry51

Terry51 Member

I dont use the default sounds for any notifications, I use the zedge ones I have downloaded. I should point out that the phone has been ok for the last week and only just reset its self to the defult sounds again the other night?. For some reason, it onlyn does this now & again!

5. quickaudi

quickaudi Android Expert

so, Zedge controls them? that's probably the problem.
    if possible, try setting them up through the file system instead of through Zedge

6. ronbien

ronbien Well-Known Member

It may also be possible that the Zedge files are on the external card and perhaps it may be loosing its connection to it. There have been reports of the S3 not plying well with external cards. Try moving your sound files to the phones storage and then reassigning them.
    Good luck!

Samsung Galaxy S3 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy S3 release date was May 2012. Features and Specs include a 4.8" inch screen, 8MP camera, 1GB RAM, Exynos 4412 Quad processor, and 2100mAh battery.

May 2012
Release Date
Reviews