• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

GS3 Case discussion thread

Well, if the surface where it falls is leveled, than yes, it would. That isn't the case if it falls on a rough surface. To gain that kind of protection, you need a screen protector as well.

Ok good, I'll have to get one. That is how the case on my Incredible is, and while I take very good care of her, I feel like I always want all sides protected from a fall. Those Incipio Feather cases (and others that leave the top/bottom open) wouldn't ease my mind at all!

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
Check out Seido.com

They have a great case/holster combo. The case is about as this as I've seen that fits into a holster. It's not so much the case or the holster, but rather the way they work so smoothlyTheir case/holster has a very smooth, one hand click operation. Oh, and very lint resistant

seidioonline.com
seidioonline.com
seidioonline.com

That's what I'll probably go with. I don't like the way the OtterBox sits horizontal in the holster. I usually clip my phone to my pocket and prefer the phone to sit vertical. Even my old Verizon holster/case for my Dinc wasn't bad, until I got the bigger battery w/seidio holster.

Upvote 0
That looks cool :thumb: . I always felt it was silly to get an expensive case. How much gerth does it add? I have a Seidio active case on my Thunderbolt, and it really makes it bulky. Im looking for something a little thinner this time around. The Otterbox, id imagine, would be bulky too.

Doesn't really add much to it at all.

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
I'm waiting to see what SGP has in store. For the S2 that had a decent amount of cases, but it was only for the international version. With the universal design this time around it should open of the doors for accessories. I was the genuine TPU case that Samsung makes that is crazy thin. I like the idea of the device being protected but not affecting the thinness.

Upvote 0
Will the design for the S3 be universal between all carriers including the international one? Finding a case for my s2 was a freaking headache because of all the minute carrier-carrier differences. I see some cases on ebay that say they're specifically for the 19300 the international one and so I'm hesitant to get one. I'll be buying the verizon version of the s3 as opposed to the sprint version that I have for my s2.

Upvote 0
I'm also waiting to see what SGP has to offer. I did contact them to ask if they are going to make the Neo Hybrid but they said no :/

So far they only have two flip cases. I may buy the metal battery back on ebay and go with a bumper style case if SGP doesn't have something I like.

They told me the Argos, Folio, and the Ultra Capsule would all be out in the coming weeks and in July there will be even more.

Upvote 0
Will the design for the S3 be universal between all carriers including the international one? Finding a case for my s2 was a freaking headache because of all the minute carrier-carrier differences. I see some cases on ebay that say they're specifically for the 19300 the international one and so I'm hesitant to get one. I'll be buying the verizon version of the s3 as opposed to the sprint version that I have for my s2.

It's a universal design, All cases will fit all models.

Upvote 0
It's a universal design, All cases will fit all models.
Thanks. In that case, I'd like to get one of the metal battery door cover cases that I believe replaces the plastic one entirely.

Such as this one:
Brand new Metal battery door back cover For SAMSUNG GALAXY S3 III i9300 *8 color | eBay

Opinions??

Upvote 0
I'm going to do a full wrap like Zagg or another brand and then go with either a cobalt blue or plain aluminum bumper guard with the white 32gb S3. It's gonna look sick! I'm on the fence about the blue brushed aluminum battery cover someone mentioned earlier. I'll post pictures after I buy the phone after my upgrade kicks in a couple weeks from now.

This thread totally helped me design my ideal S3. I'm excited as I'm leaving HTC, been a EVO guy for the last two Androids.

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
I'm going to do a full wrap like Zagg or another brand and then go with either a cobalt blue or plain aluminum bumper guard with the white 32gb S3. It's gonna look sick! I'm on the fence about the blue brushed aluminum battery cover someone mentioned earlier. I'll post pictures after I buy the phone after my upgrade kicks in a couple weeks from now.

This thread totally helped me design my ideal S3. I'm excited as I'm leaving HTC, been a EVO guy for the last two Androids.

that's exactly what i was thinking. i already bought a couple xtremeguard full body shields (in case i F up the first application) and i want to put a bumper on it so it'll protect it from falls but not hide the aesthetics of this beautiful phone. only problem is i don't really see any bumper cases on the market so far. something similar to the OEM iphone bumper case would be awesome.

Upvote 0
These are the 2 cases which I bought. They seem to be at the moment pretty much good quality and excellent value for money protecting the phone without making it look ugly or over sized.

1) http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/BLACK-HAR...sesPouches&hash=item2ebf216506#ht_1948wt_1110

2) http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Accessori...sesPouches&hash=item3a75472e3e#ht_1958wt_1344

I hope this helps people. Honestly I have always preferred mash cases but they are still over 15 GBP which is too expensive. Waiting for some quality fakes of the original samsung ones.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones