• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

GS3 Case discussion thread

Thats looks like a nice one - has it feel? Buttons work well? :)
Link where you got it?

I got mine on eBay.
Fosmon TPU Checker Design Protector Case for Samsung Galaxy S III S3 i9300 Clear | eBay

It's cheaper than the ones on Amazon. The case has cutouts for the buttons, so they're easy to press, but harder to press than a naked phone because the cutouts still have a bezel to them. IMO that's a good thing. Doesn't require extra force to press the button, but prevents accidental presses.

Upvote 0
I got mine on eBay.
Fosmon TPU Checker Design Protector Case for Samsung Galaxy S III S3 i9300 Clear | eBay

It's cheaper than the ones on Amazon. The case has cutouts for the buttons, so they're easy to press, but harder to press than a naked phone because the cutouts still have a bezel to them. IMO that's a good thing. Doesn't require extra force to press the button, but prevents accidental presses.

Just pulled the trigger!

Also check this out - saw this upon check out! Looks sweet!

Carbon Fiber HOUSING Battery Back Cover Case Skin Samsung Galaxy SIII S 3 i9300 | eBay

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
I bought just the case but they offer the Rearth SLIM lite package that includes a lanyard. I like the case a lot.

Rearth Samsung Galaxy S3 Ringke SLIM Lite Kit

Thanks! I just ordered this case. Seems like the best slim case out there. Offers more protection around the corners than the Casemate Barely There and the Elago slim cases and comes with a great screen protector.

Upvote 0
The blue Belkin case from Verizon closely matches the color of the home button. At first I wasn't too keen on it, but it is really growing on me. I think I'll have no issues keeping it for two or more years. I might not even like the matte blue Diztronic I ordered last week (but still haven't gotten).

Hmm, I'll have to take another look. It seemed to me that the version I held was quite a bit lighter shade. It also is shiny and showed my greasy fingerprints pretty easily! Do the matte TPUs do any differently on fingerprints?

Upvote 0
Just pulled the trigger!

Also check this out - saw this upon check out! Looks sweet!

Carbon Fiber HOUSING Battery Back Cover Case Skin Samsung Galaxy SIII S 3 i9300 | eBay

I have this battery cover, in black, and I love it! Fits perfect and has a real quality look to it. Wish I could find one in blue that goes with the pebble blue of the phone! :D

Upvote 0
I want the stock Mesh Grid Samsung case with the coin kickstand, but I have heard it doesn't fit the Verizon (i535) model. Can anyone confirm that, and do I have to buy the genuine samsung mesh case or can I get the
Anymode version?

You heard wrong. All versions of the SGS3 are physically identical. It doesn't matter which carrier sells the phone.

Benny

Upvote 0
Some of the S-Curve TPU cases I was looking at have a little lanyard attachment area near the lower right corner on the back of the phone.

You can identify them by the small bump with two holes in it. When looking at photos of these cases, I thought the area was some sort of vent. Once I got the phone, I realized there is nothing there to vent.

Those holes have to be for a lanyard attachment.

The two S-Curve TPU cases I bought off ebay both have them.
Why in this day in age would someone put a lanyard on a cell phone?

Upvote 0
Why in this day in age would someone put a lanyard on a cell phone?

What difference does it make what "Day and age" it is? It's not like they used to use them back in the old west bouncing across the plains in a covered wagon but they don't need them now because we have cars.

Imagine you're in a situation where you're holding your phone but there's a good chance you'll possibly drop it with catastrophic results. Maybe you're climbing up on a rock to get a better view to snap a picture with your phone and you might suddenly need two hands to steady yourself. Or maybe you're on a boat on the ocean and you need to use your phone but you might also have to very quickly grab hold onto the railing to steady yourself. SPLASH!!! There goes Akita's new SGS3 down to the bottom of the sea. Now everyone on the boat has to listen to Akita complain. Too bad you didn't have a lanyard.;) Ok, ok, maybe a lanyard isn't for everyone but I find it hard to believe you can't imagine how it would be useful to some people some of the time. Why do so many cameras come with a lanyard? All point and shoot cameras I've had have one or at least came with one and I have one to clip onto my Nikon DSLR when the need arises. No, I don't have one on my SGS3 but I wouldn't mind having the option.

Benny

Reactions: davoid
Upvote 0
I have what appears to be the same case. I ordered mine off of Ebay only it came from China. It did take about 10 days to get here but it was also only $2.99 shipped.
TPU Gel Case Cover Skin Stand /Screen Protector For Samsung Galaxy S3 III i9300 | eBay

I like it, a lot! It fits very well, holes all line up, buttons work pretty well. It's very comfortable in the hand and doesn't add too much to the bulk of the case. While I've only used the kickstand a couple of times it can come in handy from time to time. And while it does stick out a little from the back of the case it doesn't bother me at all. About the only complaints I would have is that depending on which micro USB charger I'm using, it can be a little difficult to plug into the USB port. I use 3 different chargers depending on where I am and one doesn't fit easily while the others do. Also, because the area along the edges are textured it's a little difficult to feel where the power button is. It sort of blends in with the surface around it even though it is clearly set apart from the surrounding area. It's not so bad that I can't deal with it but there have been a few times when I went to turn it on or off and sort of missed the button. That will likely change as I get more used to the case. Seeing as I have about half a dozen cases to choose from it's going to take a while to get used to this one. But so far I've used this one more than any of the others.

Benny
just came in today and that is exactly how it is :)

Upvote 0
Is anyone aware of a case that has a couple of slots on the back of it for a credit card and ID? I have a couple of buddies with just such a case for their iPhones, but I haven't found one for the S3. The only ones I have found are leather "wallet cases" that include a flip cover for the front of the phone. Basic, hard plastic or TPU material, and coverage around the entire perimeter of the phone would be fantastic. I'm willing to drink a beer for whomever can find me such a case.

Upvote 0
Is anyone aware of a case that has a couple of slots on the back of it for a credit card and ID? I have a couple of buddies with just such a case for their iPhones, but I haven't found one for the S3. The only ones I have found are leather "wallet cases" that include a flip cover for the front of the phone. Basic, hard plastic or TPU material, and coverage around the entire perimeter of the phone would be fantastic. I'm willing to drink a beer for whomever can find me such a case.

There's a thread dedicated to these types of cases over on XDA:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1736684

Here are my two suggestions:

iLuv FRILL:

iLuv FRILL

Samsung-Galaxy-S3-iLuv-FRILL-Case13408253144feb5ee28dc75.png

Samsung-Galaxy-S3-iLuv-FRILL-Case-detail2.jpg

Samsung-Galaxy-S3-iLuv-FRILL-Case-box.jpg

Samsung Galaxy S III iLuv FRILL Case

JavoEDGE (or imitation):

61F9%2Bp4i4JL._AA1000_.jpg

51psOAsPZEL._AA1000_.jpg

Amazon.com: JAVOedge Credit Card Case for Samsung Galaxy S3, SCH-I535, SPH-L710, SGH-T999, SGH-I747 (Black) - Latest Generation: Electronics

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones