• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

GS3 Case discussion thread

I'm curious about that as well but I took the chance and put in my order. I'll post something about the signal strength and call quality when ever it arrives. Hopefully soon. I'm ready for it now

saw similar (if not identical) ones on amazon and am drooling over them, also hope they wont interfere with reception.

sidenote, got my turquoise silicrylic dualpro in the mail the other day, and it fits nice :D the top and bottom are slightly loose, but that doesnt really bother me. cutouts are perfect. no issues with it picking up lint, and the plastic outer shell is rubberized just enough for a nice grip without making it any harder to pull out of my pocket. its easy enough to assemble and remove for battery/sim/sd access. not too bulky for me. i like how slim the s3 is, but i feel a little uneasy taking it out of the house without the case on. one of the main reasons i got this case is that no plastic touches the phone. i had a 2 piece seidio hard case for my vibrant, and after about a year and a half, the chrome bezel and shiny backplate are pockmarked and marred to hell from small pieces of whatever getting inside. also went to the local verizon store to compare it with the darker blue one someone else posted about earlier, and i think i like the contrast of the lighter and darker blues better.

Upvote 0
Just got my Fosmon TPU case and its worth the $4 - link found here
Fosmon TPU Checker Design Protector Case for Samsung Galaxy S III S3 i9300 Clear | eBay

But with that being said here is the low down

1. Very slim, clear (checkered design shows Galaxy logos etc.)
2. A touch of a lip for the front
3. Buttons on the side are recessed a touch
4. Case feels secure in hand
5. Has all necessary cutouts for S3

Not so good

1. Is irritating the screen protector on the edges cause minor lifting/bubbling because of the snug fit

Other than that its worth it for the protection and the only thing i am missing is a clip in case bc thats what im used to with my Evo 3D

Upvote 0
I decided to give this one a try. I like the other card holding cases that Jubba posted better with the one exception being that they didn't cover the entire perimeter of the phone (top and bottom edges exposed). This one doesn't seem quite as tidy and we'll see how the silicon holds up, though I will only be using this from time to time. Included bottle opener is a novelty, but pretty funny.

iPhone 4S 4 Accessories, iPad Cases, Skins & Covers, iPod Car Kit, Chargers, Headset, iPhone 4 4S Cover, Headphones, Car Mount Holder & Charger

SAMI9300PC41OP001.jpg

This case sucks. Hard to imagine that a case could be overpriced at $10, but that price is flat out robbery for this piece of crap. The phone isn't held in the case by anything other than a little pressure on the edges, so it falls out easily. You can kind of fit one card in the back, but it is either difficult or impossible to get out. A license is just difficult. A debit card is damn near impossible. An ID and a debit card requires a level of wizardry that I don't possess to remove the cards in less than 10 seconds and without knocking the phone out of the case. It is a silicone exoskeleton that fits on a hard case, but the silicone part fits really loosely.

Other than that, it is a great case.

Upvote 0
I don't care if it has an "i" in the name, this is the case I just ordered for the S3 I am picking up tomorrow. It is gorgeous, IMO.

iSkin aura for Samsung Galaxy S3 - YouTube

So I did get this case, by the way. I don't have any personal pics, but I did go with the blue to match my blue phone.

It is a stunning case, best I've ever owned. Well constructed, and the brushed aluminum accents really set it apart.

It barely adds any bulk at all. In fact, I'd say it is compatible to the barely there cases I've had before, just "fancier."

It feels great in the hand with the smooth rubber texture.

Definitely recommend if you want to "dress up" your phone a bit!

Justin

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
Just got my Fosmon TPU case and its worth the $4 - link found here
Fosmon TPU Checker Design Protector Case for Samsung Galaxy S III S3 i9300 Clear | eBay

But with that being said here is the low down

1. Very slim, clear (checkered design shows Galaxy logos etc.)
2. A touch of a lip for the front
3. Buttons on the side are recessed a touch
4. Case feels secure in hand
5. Has all necessary cutouts for S3

Not so good

1. Is irritating the screen protector on the edges cause minor lifting/bubbling because of the snug fit

Other than that its worth it for the protection and the only thing i am missing is a clip in case bc thats what im used to with my Evo 3D

which color phone do you have? id like to know how the color shows through on the blue SIII

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
I decided to try the black Plasti-Dip spray, but first I tested it on some old PDA cases I have. I liked the result very much, so went ahead and used it on the Commuter's hard shell. This picture shows it with 3 coats. It really doesn't look much different IMO, but it sure does lessen the slipperiness of the case's surface! It goes on very much like spray paint, in a nice fine layer while spraying. In 4 hours I can put it into service. :)

Do they make it in different colors and is it in a spray can or what?

Upvote 0
Has anyone had the chance to use the Trident cases? I recently received the otterbox commuter and didn't like the fact I had to smack the power button with a hammer to turn it on. I wanted something simular (excluding the blunt force power button operation) and the trident aegis seemed to fit the bill.

Thoughts?

HAd the aegis black/blue on my S2, nice and grippy, good protection. I would have bought it for the S3 (and I still may if otterbox doesnt get my blue commuter shipped soon) but I wanted to try a commuter in the blue/dark blue on this phone. My opinion is trident is over looked alot but they make good cases I found them in the local mall cell phone kiosks fyi but I got mine online when he didnt have the blue one for my s2

Upvote 0
Hi,
This case is a prototype designed by myself, I am part of a family run business based in the uk. We would really appreciate some feedback both praise and criticsm as we will be mass producing the finished design for not only the samsung s3 but the s2, ace, note and possibly more depending on how well they do. We are also making some more prototypes right now which include one more heavily embossed design and another which includes metal decoration on the front and corners of the case, all the designs go with the concept which is to make the cases look like classic antique books. Its really important that we get some honest feedback by real samsung phone owners so that we can correct our mistakes and hopefully make a case that more people will like. We have nothing to sell yet, we just want feedback. One last thing we are also making a cool stylus that will come with all the cases it looks like a old fountain pen.

samsung2.jpg

samsung1.jpg

samsung9.jpg

samsung7.jpg

samsung8.jpg

samsung6.jpg

Upvote 0
The commuter version of the otterbox defender is pretty nice if you want to keep your phone slim but well protected. Some of the reviews on amazon for the s3 commuter are hilarious. people talk about the power and volume buttons being "impossible" to push. I just got one today and I really like that the buttons are stiff. It's a very nice looking case. Right now it's only available in black but a plethora of others are coming out soon.

my 2 cents

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones