• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

GS3 Case discussion thread

A bit pricey but it's my fav by far. :) especially for my white s3.

Does the screen touch the surface of a table when laying it flat? Or is it protected?

This is the second time I've seen someone ask that, how come you lay your phone face down?

The case is slightly raised above the screen and body around the entire phone so the screen should be ever so slightly raised. There won't be much in it though.

Upvote 0
Not that happy yet with cases and no good belt case I can find so I think I am getting a screen protector and a Diablo Skinz skin. And might order a belt clip from Seido when they get it out.

Samsung Galaxy S3 skins | Diabloskinz

All the belt clip cases I saw were either leather (I won't buy those anymore the one I purchased a couple of years ago had the clip on my belt and my phone hanging away from it from poor quality) or it was huge like you a carrying a gun on the side of your waist.

Upvote 0
You can see from the pictures that it doesn't. You can see the silver trim at the bottom of the phone, so it doesn't even cover that.

Didn't even notice the bottom part till you pointed it out. Darn it, I really liked that case. Now to figure out what to get. Atleast temporarily I have that 3 dollar TPU till I figure out the right one

Edit: It looks like its not completely fitted on the pictures. If you watch the videos though it seems that there is a slight lip that keeps the screen protected ?? What do you think? Do you see what I see? I wish they address that in the video or on the site, but they don't

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gge45dlfkbY

Around 4:32??

Upvote 0
LOL it's hard to say - he kept waving it about and was more concerned with the back of the phone in his review of the cases. Have a look at this video though. It looks as though there is a lip at top and bottom and you are right about the case not being fitted in mobilefun's photos!

It is a very small lip, but it appears that it is there. The white version looks nice as well. I think the white phone looks good in both case colours. the white makes it look 'pure' if you know what I mean, but the black case looks great with the contrast of the vent pattern.

Official Samsung Galaxy S3 (SIII) Mesh Vent Case & Stand - YouTube

Upvote 0
I have officially gone overboard! Damn I need my phone!!

tn

Upvote 0
I wonder if when the device vibrates if you can 'feel' it while it is in the case...

I've got my phone on order (waiting for the blue one!) but bought this in preparation...

Leather Style Wallet Case for Samsung Galaxy S3 - Black

Obviously not had the phone in it yet but it appears to be sturdy enough and of good quality. Not sure if i'm gonna like texting with it on as i'm used to a flip down case with my old phone but only time will tell.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones