• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

GS3 Case discussion thread

+1

My wife's iPhone has a Speck Candyshell. She left the phone on top of her car, drove away, and found it hours later in the middle of the road. Not a scratch on the phone. That case is bad. Ass.

I have used Seidio cases with the soft inner piece, and the hard shell exterior. Always protects well except for one achilles heel. I dropped my Incredible and it landed perfectly flat on the face where there was just the soft protection. Cracked the screen.

I'm going with Speck for sure. $600 to replace is just too expensive to skimp on a $2 case.

Nice! I have dropped my incredible many times while in the Candyshell case, no problem whatsoever.

Check it out!

http://speck.createsend2.com/t/ViewEmail/r/19CD53424E6E7C30/8D18D4E2F8FEC6AADCC9454293137CA2

SPECK CASES ARE HERE!

personally, I like the look of all of them!
Sent from my Incredible.
Aw yeah.

Upvote 0
I found this one
and for $10 shipped
Amazon.com: Rugged Impact-Absorbing Dual Layer Case With Built-In Kickstand for Sprint , Verizon , AT&T , and T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy SIII ** Includes Stylus and Accessory Bag! **: Electronics

51Tow8Ss8DL.jpg

41oG2q9JhuL.jpg

now my only problem is a case so I orded these for $10 total for both
Amazon.com: For Samsung Galaxy S III / S3 - Leather Case with Magnetic Flap [Black]: Cell Phones & Accessories

Amazon.com: Premium Horizontal Leather Cover for Samsung Galaxy S3 Slll i9300 (Black): Cell Phones & Accessories

im hoping the case fits in the second one if not the first if not Ill have to try locally

Those 2 puches did not fit the case but this one fits perfect
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B007QBUC9K?ref_=pe_175190_21431760_M2T1_ST1_3p_dp_1

I ordered from one stop cell and it came in in 3 days

Upvote 0
I ordered.one of those less than $2.00 cases on eBay just to have something when the s3 arrives. Still thinking about this one. http://item.mobileweb.ebay.com/viewitem?itemId=130709302531&index=4&nav=WATCHING&nid=54390925018

And this one, http://item.mobileweb.ebay.com/viewitem?itemId=270998509318&index=11&nav=WATCHING&nid=47931468842

Many great cases on eBay and Amazon. Trying to make the correct choice between protection and too much bulk is difficult. Perhaps the best solution is different cases for different situations. Back to reading...

Upvote 0
Nice! I have dropped my incredible many times while in the Candyshell case, no problem whatsoever.

Check it out!

Speck Products Newsletter

SPECK CASES ARE HERE!

personally, I like the look of all of them!
Sent from my Incredible.
Aw yeah.

I had ordered one from AT&T for my Atrix, which was backordered and never delivered. Not sure if Speck decided not to make them or what.

My question is what kind of shock absorption does it have. Is it a pure hardshell or is there something to absorb shock? I don't particularly like the TPU cases, but it feels like it would cushion a blow a bit.

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
Thanks for sharing! The colored SURFACE cases and the ACTIVE and CONVERT will be available very soon. The ETA is within a week or so.

Can you confirm that there will be no interference with the camera flash when using these cases? Have you been able to test this aspect of the case (I know the cases get designed without a working phone sometimes)? The openings seem so "fitted" that I am concerned about flash reflection/bounceback. Otherwise, I am looking forward to my favorite brand of cases. Thank you in advance for your time in addressing this concern.

Upvote 0
Ya thats what I was saying yesterday. That is a definite turn off.

The seidio-Surface is the best ive seen yet in terms of slip cases. I just dont like that line it has in the back. oh well. I will prob be getting this case anyways

Since it is a hard case it has to be 2 pieces in order to cover the entire bezel. All of the 1 piece hard cases leave some area of the bezel exposed to allow them to be put on. I have had the Seidio case/holster for my last two phones and they are fantastic.

Upvote 0
Only problem with the Case Mate is that it leaves the top and bottom bezel unprotected.

I m not sure which case you are all looking at from case mate,but the tough case from case mate covers the whole phone. Top,sides and bottom bezels. The case is awesome and thin,I ve had on all my phones from my original evo,evo 3d,and epic touch. Make sure to see the tough case style..it's perfect.

Upvote 0
I m not sure which case you are all looking at from case mate,but the tough case from case mate covers the whole phone. Top,sides and bottom bezels. The case is awesome and thin,I ve had on all my phones from my original evo,evo 3d,and epic touch. Make sure to see the tough case style..it's perfect.

I'm talking about the Barely There case. The Tough Case is a lot thicker/bulkier. The Seidio Surface case is very thin, similar to the Barely There case.

Upvote 0

Look at the pictures. The 2nd picture in shows that the top between to two corners in uncovered and the bottom between the two corners is unprotected.

Barely There Slim Case for Samsung Galaxy S III | Case-Mate

Reactions: Rocks
Upvote 0
Can you confirm that there will be no interference with the camera flash when using these cases? Have you been able to test this aspect of the case (I know the cases get designed without a working phone sometimes)? The openings seem so "fitted" that I am concerned about flash reflection/bounceback. Otherwise, I am looking forward to my favorite brand of cases. Thank you in advance for your time in addressing this concern.

There will not be interference with the camera flash and we have tested this with an actual phone. Thanks for choosing our cases!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones