1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support GS3 No Update Available!

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by HussainHaider, Jan 21, 2013.

1. HussainHaider

HussainHaider Lurker
    None

Jan 21, 2013
    My S3 isn't updating from 4.1.1 to 4.1.2 whereas my roommate's S3 has successfully updated. When I choose the software update option it says no update available. It says I have the latest firmware when I connect it with KIES too. My friend has the Pakistani region one and I have a Middle East one. Both are factory unlocked.

Also there is another friend's S3 and it is still on 4.0.4 and also says no update available (This one is also a Pakistani region).

I tried formatting/factory reset and also tried removing and re-adding my Google and Samsung accounts. Also cleared Google Framework app cache and forced stop it as suggested somewhere on the internet. Any suggestions guys?

Thanks!

Advertisement

2. silentwitness

silentwitness Android Expert
    None

Aug 19, 2012
    Male
    Bombay India
    have you tried checking it via OTA? Also you need to check if 4.1.2 is out in middle east. Simplest way would be to download the firmware from sammobile.com and flash it your phone via odin.

3. slurp812

slurp812 Member
    None

Jun 19, 2011
    Are these on the same cellular service provider?

4. Orion87929

Orion87929 Lurker
    None

Jan 21, 2013
    Male
    IT Computer Consultant
    North Canton, Ohio
    Ok, perhaps I can help. First off, what version of Kies are you running, or are you trying to get the update via OTA?
    I had an older version of Kies on my first attempt, which told me there was no update, when in fact there was. I just simply grabbed the latest version from Samsung, and performed the update. (Of course it botched a bunch of stuff, but...point being older software didn't see the new info on the new servers)

Second, have you backed everything up? If so, then you can always ODIN the new version on to the phone. Just get Odin3 3.04, and the update for your phone, and you should be good to go. If you have any further questions, please feel free to ask. :)

5. DaddyCee

DaddyCee Android Enthusiast
    None

Apr 22, 2010
    Male
    does your phone need to be rooted to use Odin?

6. silentwitness

silentwitness Android Expert
    None

Aug 19, 2012
    Male
    Bombay India
    no you do not need to be rooted to use odin. you just need the software on the pc.

DaddyCee likes this.