1. Check out our app, Forums for Android! Download and leave feedback here!

Support GS4 Notification Bar

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by aeofut, Aug 10, 2013.

1. aeofut

aeofut New Member

Aug 10, 2013
    Is there any way i can change the notification/status bar on my Samsung Galaxy S4 to look more like the Google Edition S4? I really like the look of stock android, and I'm currently using Nova launcher, which fixes just about everything except the notification bar. I DO NOT want to root my phone.
    Thanks.

Advertisement

2. Darnell0216

Darnell0216 Well-Known Member

Changing the look of the notification bar can generally only be accomplished by rooting the phone and modifying layout files, or changing the ROM altogether. I know GSam Battery Monitor can make an "overlay" for the battery icon, but I don't know if any apps overlay the whole notification bar.

3. aeofut

aeofut New Member

Aug 10, 2013
    Thanks,
    Is there then nothing I can do about it without rooting?

4. Darnell0216

Nope. This is a system level modification and can't be done any other way. I myself am looking for the edit that lets me change the "4G" icon on my Sprint model to the classier "4GLTE" one.

5. Mr. Lucky

Mr. Lucky Well-Known Member

Oct 27, 2011
    business owner
    SoCal
    You can set a transparent notification bar with Apex Launcher (root not required).
    [​IMG]

6. Darnell0216

That feature is in a few Launchers, but they are after the stock android's blue notification icon set. Transparency isn't stock ;)

7. wildkitten

wildkitten Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2011
    Alabama
    Nova Launcher made it black for me. I know that's not blue, but perhaps acceptable?