1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

GS5 Bluetooth File Transfer to iPhone

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Zinja, Oct 29, 2014.

1. Zinja

Zinja Member

Can't find people addressing this specifically in any thread.

We are an Android/iPhone household. I am trying to send videos from my GS5 to an iPhone 4s. I cannot connect Bluetooth between these two devices to transfer large files.

Things I have tried:

- Clearing BT data and cache. Then restarting phone.
    - Every combination of scanning, pairing through both the GS5 and the iPhone 4s.
    - "Forgetting device" on both the GS5 and iPhone 4s, and starting fresh by searching and attempting to pair.
    - Connecting to iPhone 4s by using it for it's internet connection. In this case the phones say "Connected" however, file send failes each time I try from the GS5 and we lose connection.

My GS5 indicates the phones are "paired." I can get them to both recognize that a request in coming through, they both show the same "Verify that the code XXXXXXXXX appears to validate this connection." I click "OK," and my GS5 goes back to "Paired" status, while the iPhone 4s indicates that I "should check to ensure BT is enabled and within range of the iPhone" and then goes back to "Not Connected."

I simply cannot figure out how to transfer a large file from the GS5 to iPhone using BT. Can anyone assist me?

Thank you.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. I have tried to do the same with the exact same results. I dont know what to tell you.

3. Zinja

Zinja Member

The situation created in iOS vs. Android is at the heart of this issue. These two devices don't jive. So, we are forced, for now, to use apps like Fast File Transfer or Shareable. It doesn't seem like there is a solution to enable BT transfer on this combo of devices.

Samsung Galaxy S5 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy S5 release date was April 2014. Features and Specs include a 5.1" inch screen, 16MP camera, 2GB RAM, Snapdragon 801 processor, and 2800mAh battery.

April 2014
Release Date
Reviews