• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

GS5 Model number

wooky69

Android Enthusiast
Jun 2, 2011
Hi all. I have recently picked up a Samsung GS5 SM-G900F in the U.K. It's isn't (I don't think) a U.K version and came preset in German, I switched it to U.K English and it works perfectly. It recently downloaded the latest U.K OS version G900FXXU1BOB7 which is good and it connects to my network provider fine.

I'm trying to track down what country the model number it from just so I know if there are any issues. How do I find the exact model?

Under the battery cover the numbers I see are: Model: SM-G900F then SSN: G900FGSMH (if I go to the U.K Samsung web site this number isn't listed).

Can anyone tell me if the one labelled SSN is the full model number?

Thanks all.

Hi all. I have recently picked up a Samsung GS5 SM-G900F in the U.K. It's isn't (I don't think) a U.K version and came preset in German, I switched it to U.K English and it works perfectly. It recently downloaded the latest U.K OS version G900FXXU1BOB7 which is good and it connects to my network provider fine.

I'm trying to track down what country the model number it from just so I know if there are any issues. How do I find the exact model?

Under the battery cover the numbers I see are: Model: SM-G900F then SSN: G900FGSMH (if I go to the U.K Samsung web site this number isn't listed).

Can anyone tell me if the one labelled SSN is the full model number?

Thanks all.

Your model is indeed the International, SM-G900F, that is sold in the U.K. and worldwide. See #1.3 of
35 Galaxy S5 models - know yours??? for more information. It was probably running German firmware. You need to publish the Version details, as per #1.8, to get more information.

Reactions: Mikestony
Upvote 0
Your model is indeed the International, SM-G900F, that is sold in the U.K. and worldwide. See #1.3 of
35 Galaxy S5 models - know yours??? for more information. It was probably running German firmware. You need to publish the Version details, as per #1.8, to get more information.

Thanks for the reply, is this what you're after?

AP: G900FXXU1BOB7
CP: G900FXXU1BOB7
CSC: G900FDBT1BOB1

Upvote 0
No. Both the unbranded U.K. and German phones have received OB7. Your CSC code shows that you have the German version... which, like all Samsung firmwares, comes with an English language pack.
Ok thanks for that.

I see from your sig that you're running CM12. How do you find it? Do you still have access to the ultra power saver mode?

I loved CM 11 on my GS3 :)

Upvote 0
Ok thanks for that.

I see from your sig that you're running CM12. How do you find it? Do you still have access to the ultra power saver mode?

I loved CM 11 on my GS3 :)

I alternate between the stock Samsung, Lollipop, OB7 firmware and CM-12 for Android 5.0.2. Whilst there is no Ultra Power Saving Mode for CM-12, it does have Per-App profiles and is much lighter than the Samsung firmware to run. CM-12 is still on Nightly's though and I would only recommend it to competent users. See, CyanogenMod ROM CM-12 Android 5.0.2 in the All Things Root section of the forum.

Upvote 0
I alternate between the stock Samsung, Lollipop, OB7 firmware and CM-12 for Android 5.0.2. Whilst there is no Ultra Power Saving Mode for CM-12, it does have Per-App profiles and is much lighter than the Samsung firmware to run. CM-12 is still on Nightly's though and I would only recommend it to competent users. See, CyanogenMod ROM CM-12 Android 5.0.2 in the All Things Root section of the forum.
I've got my old GS3 for playing with now so I'll have a go to get the hang before breaking my S5 ;)

Thanks.

Upvote 0
Hi there ,

im looking for some android hero help !

Samsung Galaxy S5
model sm-g900f
ssn -g900fgsmh
fcc id a3lsmg900f

i installed a screen from aliexpress, screen works, phone did not boot, i thought i needed a firmware, now i have this screen:(

i cant do it on my own i need some help from the expert:) please

thank you so much for any help kind regards

Attachments

• 20180420_080314.jpg
    20180420_080314.jpg
    291.5 KB · Views: 292
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones