• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help GS5 ringtone problem verizon

I'm using a GS5 unrooted verizon version, and I'm having trouble with the ringtone. I set it as "Blue" by Eiffel 65. When I get an incoming call it starts off extremely quiet, and then gets louder. Is there any way to make it so the volume is always level?

Yes, but you have to use an app called Disable Increasing Ring.

I too had to make that change as I am hard of hearing and cannot hear it ringing until it reaches the 4th or 5th ring. By that time, most folks have hung up on you.

Install this app

* Disable Increasing Ring - Android Apps on Google Play

Reactions: questiontime
Upvote 0
The same developer has a slightly different version of this app that has adjustable "Silent Timeout" modes

ie, in a movie theater and want it to be silent for exactly 2 hours? and then automatically return to Max Volume when the movie is over?

Or maybe you want to grab 6 hours of sleep without be disturbed, set it for 6 hours silence. The paid version can sense the phone's position, ie, vertical, horizontal, and adjust volume depending on the phone's position. Lay it flat, ring quietly. Vertical in your pocket, ring loudly.

use this app instead.

* Smart Ring Control - Android Apps on Google Play

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones