1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support GS5 won't charge via USB

Discussion in 'Android Help' started by bkenobi69, Aug 5, 2016.

1. bkenobi69

bkenobi69 Member
    None

Jul 10, 2012
    My GS5 has been working fine with a retractable charge only cable to the USB on my PC for months. It's certainly not a fast charger, but it worked. Earlier this week I noticed that plugging the phone in did nothing though the phone indicated it was charging with the lightning icon. I tried 2 different cables today and both would connect and try to go into installer mode as well as display the charge icon but neither worked. I can charge with these cables in my truck and with a wall charger. I tried a couple different ports and a different PC without it working.

Any suggestions what I need to do in software on the phone to make it work again? I assume this has to be software since it worked find last week and will charge on a normal 5V source.

Advertisement

2. Noremon

Noremon Well-Known Member
    None

Jul 17, 2016
    Is it something with your USB ports instead? I know my S5 will charge with the same cable on my work laptop but not my personal laptop even though both are powered.

Does your computer work with your device as a media device at least?

3. bkenobi69

bkenobi69 Member
    None

Jul 10, 2012
    I played with it into the early hours of Saturday without success. I had an issue with the SD card as well that failed to resolve too. I have up and looked again this morning. For some unknown r a son everything is now working. I have no explanation.